Y&R Discussion for the week of April 26th

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is what Deacon told us. Tawny hasn't appeared on screen yet but she's been mentioned infrequently since January.

Tawny was hiding Little Deacon from Sarah----if she had given Little D to Amber, he would have been directly in harm's way. That's why Deacon kept him out of GC.

Deacon went to jail because of his part in the forged painting storyline, which was orchestrated by Sarah.

• Members

+1

:lol: :lol: :lol: Exactly!

I said that from DAY ONE but nobody wanted to listen. "Oh, they don't need Brad, the reliquary stuff sucked, he can't lead the show, etc...."

Well DUH! Brad was never intended to be a lead character on Y&R. But his presence & his character were vital to Y&R and to the Jack/Victor feud. Taking Brad out of that equation takes the fun out of it. Besides, every show should have the opportunistic, gold-digging man whore. If not every show, then at least Y&R. I remember when he left for a year or so in the late 90s, there was a huge void on the canvas that wasn't filled until he returned. And if they think Billy Abbott is filling this hole now, then, well, EPIC FAIL!!!

• Members

Nope. But if these writers were any good they could have brought in a new character to do just that. It wouldn't be that hard. In fact, Brad (like Jill) was no longer a gold digger. He was living the dream. So it was probably time for them to introduce a next gen Brad anyhow. Maybe after Chance and Chloe get married they can bring that type of character in to spice things up for Chloe. Marrying that snoozefest Chance would make any woman look twice at the pool boy.

• Members

I think the problem with any type of affair story for Chloe is that she doesn't have any sexual heat. I've never seen any with EH in her ten years on soaps.

I think they should have kept Chloe's design career going and had her trying to prove herself and deal with her feelings of worthlessness. I think EH could pull off a story where Chloe becomes addicted to meth or something, like that story Jennifer had on ATWT for a few months.

• Members

Y&R really should have had Lauren buy Restless Style.

It would've given a TON of characters something to do.

Nikki, Chloe, recast Lily, recast Colleen, Daniel, Amber, Billy, Devon, Heather, Michael, Gloria, Kevin, Jana.

• Members

There isn't, sadly enough. Nobody even comes close. And if Billy is supposed to be filling Terry Lester's void then........well.......Put it this way, no way should Brad Carlton have entered my thought process AT ALL.

• Members

Jack is being down right abusive to Patty right now. He married after only knowing Emily for a few months and should have expected his new wife to change after marriage. I don't even think Patty has been acting all that badly. Also, Jack has no proof that she was never pregnant yet was pretty cold.

Y&R has jumped the shark and is now the worst soap on daytime. Two 'twins' plus the Adam murder plus Daisy is too much for any viewer to handle five days a week. Honestly, the writing for ATWT is far better right now than Y&R and that should scare the heck out of CBS. Both Bell shows are in the dumps and it is only a matter of time before CBS is soap free. If I were running CBS daytime, B*B and ATWT would have switched places for a few weeks. The highest ratings come off the east coast and there is no excuse for B&B to be loosing over 1.2 million viewers from it's lead. So many viewers jump ship at 1:30 that repeats of MASH might do better if given the chance.

Archived