Y&R Discussion for the week of April 26th

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They were saying that before she ever filmed one scene. It doesn't matter what she does onscreen to a lot of the soap press and soap sites. But to the fans, especially those who have never seen her work on AMC, they may not be all that impressed. Y&R doesn't know how to write for anyone, style anyone, present anyone, and she is sticking out like a sore thumb.

• Members

You're mean! :lol

Seriously though, I've never gone more than a month or so without watching Y&R. Even LML and that reliquary mess didn't make me give up. Most of the actors are doing what they can do to sell this story. I give them credit for not giving up and playing it for pure OTT camp, which is what it is. SH is doing really well with keeping Patty/Emily's mannerisms separate. But no one can sell this far fetched nonsense. If this story doesn't resolve soon, I'll have no choice but to take a break. I've done it will B&B many times over the years.

Jack is really annoying me right now. How many times has he claimed to want a family and he almost always gives up without doing everything possible to save the marriage. He's been married more times than Erica Cane at this point (well not really, but damn!) Sharon being the one possible exception. He's not the one who gave up that time, although he did cause the divorce. He's been married to Emily for a couple of months and already he's throwing in the towel. How about marriage counseling or taking her to a doctor to see if there is something physically wrong with her before heading down the path to divorce AGAIN. I know this isn't Emily, but he doesn't know that yet.

• Members

Eden sucks as Heather and I dont see her gaining any kind of fanbase at Y&R. The writers will quickly lose interest and she'll meander for a couple years until her contract is up. She's never going to be a star at Y&R. You can tell by watching. As an established soap star she should have a stronger presence. She's just miscast. I think Marcy Rylan will do better bc the role isn't established and in 10 years she might make a good Abby. If people get over the huge age change then she'll be fine. But Eden was destined to be a mess.

I just can't get over how strange she looks next to everyone. She looks so weird in Genoa City. Some shows aren't for certain actors and she's one of them. Kinda like when the fab Kelly Hensley came over from ATWT and it was like "WTF?!"

• Members

Felicia and Brad should be a power couple in Genoa City by now. I can't believe Brad is gone. I know he was never the star, as we learned during the reliquary story, but he brought a quality to the show that will be difficult to replace. I find myself missing him so much. More than most.

• Members

Or like when Beth Elhers went over to AMC.

I must admit, for the first time in 14 years, I've turned off The Young and the Restless. I tried to watch an episode on Tuesday when I was working from home and I quickly turned the channel and watched AMC at 1pm.

It's really unfortunate what has become of CBSD, really, really unfortunate.

Archived