Y&R Discussion for the week of April 26th

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still hear about how Rydead Eyes needs to stay around because what an actor...as if acting talent means anything to this show anyway. Talent is irrelevant when characters and stories suck, and most of the leading actors on this show seem to have stopped caring about acting long ago anyway.

• Members

I was thinking that just the other day. Y&R is becoming the ultimate soap cliche. They are doing all the types of stories that people laugh at when they make fun of soap operas. I guess for the viewers who are relatively new, that's ok. For those of us who remember when Y&R was a relatively grounded soap, it's pretty hard to swallow.

• Members

Yes. I guess that's why they cast these actors like Bethel and Miller who look so old and who often seem zonked out, or in need of a long nap. They apparently think that Rikkart was a big hit and they've cast in his vein. And we're supposed to be so blown away by this stuff, even though the writers don't even try. As mentioned above, no one at the show now really seems to care about soaps. They just do this parody of soaps. Sheffer I have long believed hates soaps and feels contempt towards them. It stinks up any show he touches. MAB, who after her short B&B stint, presumably spent decades off in her own universe far away from soaps, probably feels the same way.

• Members

I always blame writers for bad characters but I fail to see the talent in the actor playing Ryder. I'd rather have Bryton in a story. UO I know but Bryton deserves it, the actor is capable. Only problem is that he's black.

• Members

I watched it today for the first time in a month, and it was as bad as I remember. It's too bad, because I'd like to watch something with Jamie Elman (Emily's brother Jamie) in it. He's an undeservedly underemployed actor whom I've liked since American Dreams. The show is too stupid, though, for me to even try to engage in conversation about its plot points. Oh, I'll do it: Jack undoubtedly caught the "cat allergy" reference, and Patty is anything but cat-allergic. And maybe Jamie never stole Emily's prescription pad. Maybe he'll be the key to bringing her down. This is probably the most depressing aspect of this storyline, that no one will DNA test Emily. HER ****ING DOUBLE IS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF YOU ALL, YOU DUPHI. Has Paul ever been this stupid before?

I don't know why Jamie Elman couldn't be on BROTHERS AND SISTERS. He looks just like Ken Olin (actually, the thirtysomething character he really looks like is Billy Seidel, but I'll take Ken Olin).

• Members

Its about time for Corday to issue the new plan, isn't it? I can't make myself care about one soap on the air right now. The Bell sucks lead in ratings AND suckage and DAYS and GH are tied for second. OLTL and AMC are just waiting in line to circle the drain as far as I'm concerned.

LOL, on the Nikki clip. Poor MTS, she always seemed so stiff and scared in those scenes. Darned pervy Victor. :P

The only YnR scenes I'm looking forward are when

• Members

I love your posts!

I never saw this Jamie Elman before. He was totally wasted. His scenes should have created tension...it should clearly have been established over many Bell days that Patty's "story" for him and his actual story were opposed. Bill Bell would have created agonizing tension around this discovery. Instead, it was over in a day...and very boring.

The fact that all Genoans have to be chronically stupid now to let these various and sundry murder/psycho plots come off is a testament to the fact that the writers have lost sight of what we want. To the extent that people actually invest in these characters (and I know you think they're mostly all pathological narcissists), they don't want to see "their" characters chronically duped. It's idiocy. To whom is any of this supposed to be appealing.

If I felt a real human emotion during this show anymore, I think I'd have a seizure of surprise.

Archived