Y&R Discussion for the week of April 26th

• Members

...brought to you by this classic moment:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di4I3O3or1A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di4I3O3or1A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di4I3O3or1A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

LMAO at Nikki stripping to the theme tune of some 80s syndicated comedy.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thought I would also include the 1984 divorce of Terry Lester's Jack and Andrea Evans's Patty.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Terry Lester really was definitive as Jack Abbott. He wasn't afraid to play an unapologetic prick. And this whole scene underscores how far the current writers have gotten from Y&R's true history.

• Members

Also wanted to say that this may be my last Y&R post in a little while. Mainly because I cannot bear the show anymore and haven't watched in about a week. I tried Thursday's and gave up four minutes in. The whole enterprise is (a) shiteous and (b ) boring. Can't stand the doppelgangerssssssssss, can't stand any of the Newmans, can't stand Jack Douchebag Abbott, can't stand the Scoobies (Jeffrey Bardwell is the exception, weirdly), can't stand anybody on this show anymore. If I cared, the state of this show would actually make me sad.

Oh well. At least I am loving Days.

• Members

I haven't watched the show regularly in a while. Tuned out regularly during the whole Adam story, even when Chris Engen was still in the role, and pretty much stopped watching altogether when the whole Patty/Emily mess began. I still read the spoilers every week, and the show sounds like a really bad Soapdish-like parody. Is the execution as bad as it sounds on paper?

• Members

Yikes, that bad? Just from the spoilers, the show seems unrecognizable, not so much in terms of the characters in the fore, but in terms of its tone. My god...two imposters? Again, it sounds like a parody. Where is Jess Walton? I barely see Jill mentioned in the spoilers anymore, and when she is, it's got something do with running some Restless Style story! How the hell did they involve her with that? I did read about some upcoming stuff in June, so maybe she'll move back to front and center then.

• Members
I'd love to see that cover myself but we know the soap press will never print it. I don't think the soap press would know what to do with themselves if these morons were to admit to the truth. I'm not sure who they think the are fooling. It's not like the fans don't already know it. We have eyes. We can see.

I like the primetime writers. At least they can cop to when things are screwed up.

• Members

You've got it! I don't care why, but the folks in charge have lost the thread. This is literally random sh!t spit out by someone who forgot their Ritalin. You're totally right...the CEO has forgotten the "brand", and what's coming on screen these days is somebody's fever dream.

Oh, please no. That would be like the Annual Ken Corday "The Plan To Save Days".

What needs to happen is: "We're stepping aside, and we're sorry". Which, of course, will never happen.

• Members

It won't in part because you've supported it. You also defended it and advertised stories. ;) If you called them out on their [!@#$%^&*] earlier, it would've made a difference (figurative rather than real, palpable one). Now it's all irrelevant and worthless.

If people awoke at the same time...

But this way... People awoken at different times...

Archived