The Cosby Show Discussion

Eric83

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I also liked the Cosby show. I still remember loving my Thursday nights on NBC. I'd watch Cosby then a Diffrent world, then Cheers. then i'd have to go to bed for school the next morning. since then i've watched all the episodes numerous times in reruns and i have a few of the seasons on DVD. Cliff and Claire always reminded me of my aunt and uncle. my uncle can be a little crazy but my aunt's always been the calm one who was always liked telling people she was a principal and liked to be very proper and almost perfect. she just remindes me of Claire quite a bit.

I for one thought pam and her friends brought a bit of fresh air into an old show. for the first many years we saw the Huxtables who were wealthy, Now we had Pam and her friends who grew up lower class and brought some of that to the show. i thought it needed it badly. I loved Lance and Sharmaine. Bill i guess liked Sharmaine too because the actress got to be on A Different World during it's final season.

my favorite episodes were:

1) When Sondra announced she and Elvin were not going to go to continue college (medical school and law school). Elvin was "medicine capper number 36" or something crazy like that. Claire was so funny when she said, "Sondra...you owe me (i'm guessing) 79 dollars and 56 cents and i want my money now!" as Cliff was taking her into the kitchen, Claire was like "I'll take whatever she has...empty her pockets!" LOL i think that was the same one was Denise saying she wasn't going back to school but she didn't look for a job before now because "it's my summer vacation!" LOL

2) I love Vanessa and the wrecthed (and the big fun!) My favorite part was right at the end when Cliff told her, "If you are planning to run away...please don't take my car." because she and her friends had their car stolen.

3) my grandmother loved the one where Claire bought Vanessa a strapless dress for a party and cliff didn't think it was approprite. As she and Claire were leaving, Cliff yells to Claire, "If something falls out you put it back in and take her home!"

4) When the grandparents told Theo about the March on Washington. I guess i real life the two actors were actually there and told their story to the producers which was transulated into the episode. It was great!

5) the big family BBQ was pretty funny too. I loved when Theo says, "I've been there" and Claire's like "Where? Where have you been? You've been nowhere and that's where you'll stay if you don't stop causing trouble!"

and Elvin telling Sondra about her neck so Sondra tells him, "I'll wear a turtle-neck for the rest of my life!"

6) of course the final episode was pretty great too. even at the very begining when they did all the old openings show ing the cast growing up. Theo finally graduated college. i loved the conversation between Theo and clair when she reminded him they weren't sure he was going to graduate high school much less college. Claire: "How can i expect your father to contain himself...i can't contain myself! and why should i! My baby's graduating from college!" I thought it was a stab at Lisa though when "Dennise" called the family...making it clear that they needed the character...not the actress around. and i loved the very end when they showed photo's and things from the eight years in a short flashback thing (not in the reruns but originally and on the DVD)

Archived