The Cosby Show Discussion

Eric83

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sometimes I thought the show could be so fake with this. Like when Olivia's mother appeared and everything was all cool nad happy between her, Martin, Denise and the family. Not that there was supposed to be drama, she was treated like an old family friend and I thought it was a bit much. I cant even remember why she wasnt in Olivia's life, but she wasnt upset that Denise pretty much replaced her?

LOL...oh and I loved the episode where they tried to move out and one of the places the looked at was small and Denise opened up a drawer and said that could be Olivia's bed

• Members

"You're so rude! In fact that's how you got your name RUDE-Y. RUDE-Y"

She felt suffocated.

She & Denise had a nice talk about it.

"When the time comes? This is what the TWO OF YOU will be having for dinner"

Peter rubbing the bread on his shirt after dropping it on the floor :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

We've got to do something about this Cliff! We've planted roses but we keep getting these weeds! Sondra's in the wilderness, Denise is in the jungle & now SHE'S on the locomotion?!"

Eileen Heckart.

Eileen Stritch was Rudy & Kenny's teacher.

• Members

Remember when Theo's friend's girlfriend came by the house right before he had a big date, and as people kept coming back to the house he had to hide her so noboby would know she was there? That was funny.

And wait wasnt Martin's ex wife played by Victoria Rowell or am I remembering things wrong?

That thanksgiving episode where Cliff had to keep leaving to go pick stuff up. :lol:

• Members

Bill picked the right time to end this show. By the last season, the show had lost its finesse and started to plummet dramatically in the ratings. The show had already made history, it was time for it to come to an end. There wasn't anyplace else for the show to go.

The last season's opening credits were just HORRIBLE.

I loved the finale with Cliff and Claire dancing into the audience, how sweet and classy.

• Members

I loved the final season's opening. I will agree that it was time to end it bc it did lose its appeal. I hated how isolated the family felt. Typical episodes would follow 1 kid and they had little interaction with the rest. For example, I hated the episode that took place at Theo's job as a teacher.

• Members

The Cosby Show and All In The Family are the only sitcoms and scripted shows that stayed at #1 in the ratings for five consecutive seasons.

The Cosby Show didn't get a serious threat in the ratings until another Carsey-Werner production, Roseanne came on the scene during the 1988-1989 season. That season, first the first time, The Cosby Show was tied with Roseanne for the top spot, but by the 1989-1990 season, Roseanne had taken the top spot outright.

Archived