Y&R Discussion for the week of April 19th

• Members

Knowing how this regime likes to force things that aren't working, they'll surely force Tucker in poorly developed story after story until even they admit defeat and Nichols is fired...

I would kill Tucker and have Katherine come to grips with not knowing her son, and then have her and everyone else forget he ever existed.

And they were stupid to even think a Victor clone would be accepted so soon after Braeden was supposed to leave.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They didn't even give that much thought to a Victor clone in story.

It was a negotiating ploy to rattle Braeden's cage, plain and simple. Even if Braeden hadn't come back, I'm not sure there was anything like a plan for Tucker. Regardless, Tucker is presently another unnecessary waste of space. Your idea of killing him and forgetting him appeals to me very much.

• Members

Adam was killed with a pen? Is that an inside joke considering Maria killed the show with her pen?

Why does Tucker hate Katherine? Is it the typical I hate you bc you geave me away?

I just saw the Patty/Phyllis confrontation. How the heck does Phyllis not realize who she is?

• Members

I just saw Eden Riegel's scenes on YouTube....

She's so damn vapid and flat, it's not even funny. So far, she brings NOTHING to this role.

Vail was no great actress, but at least she had some sex appeal, which Riegel DOES NOT have, and she could play a condescending bitch. So far, Riegel's Heather seems like she's playing dress up.

Riegel is a horribly miscast and one-note actress.

• Members

the character does seem so much younger now. She isnt much younger than Vail either. Vail had a bit of maturity that Eden doesnt bring. I dont like Heather's change of personality. She does feel different

Patty is a natural blonde right? Locked away in that asylum, cant they see that Emily's f--kin roots are showing?

• Members

And I would stick with previously established history; reveal that Katherine did, in fact, have a daughter (and not a son); and that Tucker is actually old man Chancellor's illegitimate son, out to insinuate himself into the lives of (and possibly ruin) the loved ones he left behind.

• Members

I have been thinking the exact same thing. The cast must be cut in half, and a stunt that wipes out bunches of 'em would be very effective. But I would, at this point, want that stunt to be the "kickoff" moment under a new headwriting team.

With the exception of a few scenes with Kay, he ONLY shows vulnerability with Ashley.

So, I hate that, because that is a marquee sign of "chemistry test" and "romance plans".

I would like to see a version of Ashley that is toughened, strengthened, and who can be without a man for a while. I'm not so invested in her romance with Neil, but since the writers have gone there, I'd like to see some commitment to it.

• Members

I still don't even know why he had to be Katherine's son. I guess this was just MAB showing us her love of history by tying up another loose end and not caring about the quality of the knot. She already did this with Cane/Phillip. The Chancellors are now full of people who barely seem to work in the family setting because there are no dynamics, no scenes where we get involved or see friendships or rivalries, nothing. I'm still amazed at how they rushed through Tucker revealing himself as her son and saying he'd taken over.

Archived