Y&R Discussion for the week of April 19th

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it is him, but I haven't seen anything weird yet(maybe I haven't gone back far enough). Interacting directly with fans on the net tends to be a mistake, but he seems like the savvy type, unlike people who get emotional when fans hate them.

• Members

:lol: I can't remember a time when it's ever gone well to be honest, unless it's a situation where a moderator is hosting a chat and only certain comments/questions get through. As MM posted himself people can get pretty mean when they are hiding behind their computers, but I'm guessing he doesn't give a f*ck. I feel bad for the actors who are more sensitive and get their asses handed to them, but they need to stay off the net.

The spoilers people are posting over there are cause for concern. :ph34r:

• Members

He did.

it didnt.

The issue was people loved him at first, and he was a supporting recurring char on there and there was a small fanbase for him and Veronica and he encourged them to let TPTB know and then the LoVe and Ver/Duncan and the Weevil/Veronica and the etc all fanbases for Veronica and her many men got all hostile. From what i remember..

• Members

I saw Muhney's posts on TWOP. TWOP is full of people who have loads of mouth, but back down when the actors/writers show up or when they realize that they are reading their posts. I saw posts talking about giving MAB some slack because of Muhney's comments. Whatever. Grow a damn spine. I'll say this for SON, a lot of the people stand by their opinions when these actors/writers start crying.

• Members

LoVe!!!! :wub:

So Muhney's being playing the fanbases for a while now, huh. He needs to be careful with that. Heck, all stars should because that can really backfire. Next thing you know, there's a knock at the door and some star-struck fan on his doorstep hyperventilating "Adammmmmmmmm."

• Members

So, today on "Which Witch is Which?" "The Young and the Restless"...

* Lauren's double and Patty's double were (separately, then together) all plotty and conspiratory.

* Victor's double threatened the D.A.'s double while Michael's double merely looked on.

* Nick's double told Sharon's double not to get her hopes up about bail (and to tell Noah's double not to believe everything he reads - because, you know, sexually active teenagers are so gullible), while Phyllis' double vowed she will get her hubby('s double) freed.

* Jack's double met Emily's brother's double, who makes Levi Johnston look like Stuart Damon (Prince Charming Stuart Damon, not Alan Quartermaine Stuart Damon).

* Chance's double was just as boring as Chance, thus keeping up his ruse.

* Jana's double whined to Lauren's other double about "headaches! and pressure! And OH GOD KEVIN!!!" (thus keeping up her ruse) when not coming up w/ cockamamie ideas, such as starting a fire to draw attention.

* And Victor's double admitted to killing Adam's double, a revelation which has everyone shocked - never mind 1) this is all coming after both his kids have been targeted, and 2) Victor is more resourceful than murder, and 3) even if he had, he would've confessed the minute it occurred, proudly, and in a room filled to the proverbial brim with witnesses.

• Members

What I wonder is why he's showing up at TWOP to talk about Y&R now? The timing seems odd, since he certainly doesn't need soap fan support at this point.

I'm starting to like Tucker. His scenes with Ashly soften him, but it should have been Jill. Jill as Kay's daughter in law (again) could have been gold.

• Members

I think any relationship with Tucker and Ashley will end up being about how no one can truly compare to Victor in her heart, and Tucker is just using her to try to be the new Victor.

At least they are better together than this awful last go-round with Victor.

I knew they'd never let Jill stay with him so that doesn't bother me as much, I just hated those degrading scenes where they had some young bimbo wandering around in his room after he kicked Jill out.

• Members

Tucker seems like such an afterthought. I don't see fans or characters caring about him. Such a bust of a character. Had they kept Russ and kept him with Jill there was some promise. Now with this dreadful Heather recast...has she appeared beyond her first day? Interacted with Patty or Paul yet? Does she still suck?

• Members

Tucker was originally nu-Victor. They even gave him the same backstory (abandoned orphan leads to rage). They tried to switch it up a bit by making him a "darlin' " spoutin' good old boy (which makes no sense, given the Michigan orphanage) who was also an aged hippee.

But then Braeden came back, and Tucker truly WAS an afterthought.

They tried to reposition him as a romantic 50-something with Nichols, but the writing is all over the map. I'm guessing this will now resolve a bit, as they write more for Tucker-Ashley. But the character is useless, superfluous, and despite the potential of Nichols, he is among my first choices for elimination.

Archived