Y&R Discussion for the week of April 19th

• Members

Devon does need a story and relationships outside the Winters family. Maria Hell & Co toyed with his daddy story which went nowhere. It is a shame all his white male counterparts get story after story, love interest after love interest, etc and Devon gets nothing of the sort. I lay blame at TIIC, they simply do not care for Devon AT ALL. Only keep him around for tending to tragic Lily.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's more then that. An audience isn't intertested in just " That Black Storyline". AKA who gives a [!@#$%^&*] AKA segregation AKA Half ass written AKA Backburner. That's why we always say black characters need to interact with other characters not just as their sidekick either.

• Members

I would trade every scene Billy or Chance is in for one with Devon. But Kevin, Cane and Adam are "hands-off." At least, all of this would be true if I still watched the show, which I do not anymore.

• Members

Exactly. Not gonna lie, i tuned in to see. It was horrid. I try not to judge after one day, but i also seen her on AMC and was not a fan.

Also, the look is just so different. Why not create a new role? Even a new ADA role and let Heather just leave town?

• Members

The Billy-nuHeather pick-up at the bar was cringeworthy. Miller at the end did a whole load of "WTF was that scene?" gurning.

Also Reigel and Hendricksen's voices are spookily alike. I was all "Gosh, there's a lot of Chloe today" and only twigged on towards the end when I stopped sorting out my laundry.

Vail was no uber thespian but I miss her curvy babeliciousness and no-nonsense attitude.

Archived