April 5 - April 9, 2010

Toups

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the numbers Days and GH got for this week is what they would've got last week if not for the horrible Thursday and Friday last week, which I attribute to Easter. I was shocked GH did well early on in the week but they seemed to lose as the week went and Days seemed to gain. Could be good news for Days going into next week. As of right now, they should just try to hold on around a 1.9-2.0 until May when things kick in. I think they expected a drop but last week's drop was the one I think they didn't expect. I think these numbers are about what they would expect given the stories are just getting going. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if they fell or were very up and down the res of April.

• Members

I'm glad OLTL is going up, however marginally, but I'm not as happy at the ideas that those at ABC must be getting about why the ratings are going up (Gigi and Rex are awesome and yet another hostage crisis proves it; blacks and gays boo hiss).

• Members

I am really not suprised about Y&R. People panned the Sheila as Phyllis story, yet it was the highest rated story arc for Y&R in the last four years. I think when Lauren finally shot Sheila, the ratings hit a 4.5.

I am not saying this story is any good and it makes no sense, but they do have good actors playing (aside from Zimma) who are capable of producing good scenes. We'll see if they can sustain it.

Also, many kids had off for Spring break last week which could have translated into higher ratings across the board.

• Members

Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw OLTL's ratings. Lots of schools had spring break, so maybe that's why ratings rose for soaps across the board. When the ratings come out next week for OLTL that should be interesting. Will the ratings drop off after Kish's exit on Monday? Stay the same, go up? Well see if all that outrage and controversy translates into anything.

• Members

Oh great, so I guess more doppelgangers and one-note cartoon villains on the way for Y&R. :rolleyes:

There is nothing redeeming about that show, the masquerade ball and the "explosion" was a sh!tty production, and Adam is not an interesting villain to warrant a "is he dead or isn't he" plot.

Not only that, the show tries so hard to be exciting with these lame stunts and villain and doppelganger plots, but it's all so damn boring and bland.

The day to day writing and continuity on the show also sucks majorly.

I wish Y&R didn't have such an opportune timelot in most major markets, then I'd like to see how the show would do.

Last week was the week I decided I would stop watching. The show has descended into an unintentional parody of itself, territory I thought it would never be in.

• Members

Maybe Lauren has another lookalike out there, it wouldn't surprise me.

Out of all the stories to give the character, they had to give her this one? Especially when the crap that is Patty/Emily is still running on the show?

But this whole thing was so predictable from the moment we saw "Sarah" from the back and heard her voice. Nothing in this story makes a lick of sense, but Y&R gave up on its history and its attention to detail LONG AGO.

Archived