OLTL: Discussion for the week April 12

• Members

Is that where that's from?? :lol: I was impressed with Allison's memory/spelling ability. :P This show is too campy for its own good, and as much as I HATE to admit it, I am still intrigued by Rex's parentage. I am such a sucker. Only thing is, I'm not intrigued enough to wait it out for months on end, I wanna know by like, Friday.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When did Alison get so happy to explain EVERYTHING to these people who are anti Mitch?? She never ever used to be willing to spell anything out...

Ron C has a weird view of teen girls I realized. We have Jessica on one hand who is so hung up on Christian that she refuses to give an inch to this great looking, kind (though he is getting a bit He-Man pushy, but if I had to deal with Teen Jessica I might too), guy everyone goes on about and she won;'t even look at him twice! Despite playing basketball shirtless. :P On the other hand with have Langston.... :blink:

• Members

He's 25 according to his MySpace. To be honest it doens't bug me too much, I always kinda expect the teens to be played by 20something year olds... (Angie, Tad etc in the 80s?)

Because she is ;)

Ford must get the best perks of any TA--I'm a TA and let me tell you I don't have my own office... LOL

• Members

I don't know if it's RC or Frons, but the writing for teenage girls is just horrible. They exist only for men. Starr only gets a story if it's being torn between Todd and Cole, or the ten minutes she spent degrading herself over Sky. She has this baby she barely bothers with because motherhood is such a breeze for her. Langston is a walking poster for abstinence-only education -- they have basically told us that as soon as she started having sex, anything good about her was destroyed.

• Members

RC had his fun but he needs to give up the John, Jessica and Ford story. Ford is making Langston, Starr, Cole and Markko into complete idiots. Be that as it may, their drama has more mature value than Jessica whose story is making Cristian, Layla and Brody into total idiots. Langston is a nasty ho. Why? Soap affairs are never pleasant but the character's motivation is usually well-defined. On one hand, they can't make up their minds if Langston is bored with Markko or not. And Ford is not worth this. I repeat! Ford is not worth this. I don't know who Ford is or what rock he crawled out from under but he needs to return. They would be better off having Langston do the 180 degree turn they hinted at today. But Langston is interested in more than sex and abs.

Jessica's teen trip is not working for me on any level. Not with Brody. Not with Cris. They've used up my goodwill here because now their whole history is a sappy nuisance. Jessica and Cris aren't having the kind of chemistry they need to anchor this story which is another problem. I see more chemistry with Cris and Layla, Brody or Cris, Natalie and Layla or even Cris and Brody. And Layla looks awful in this. They can't make up their minds here either. Right now Layla looks petty and jealous of brain-damaged girl who is in high school. Come on! This is not normal! This is not charming or nostalgic. This is just stupid. Cris comes off pervy pervy for having his heart tugged by a brain-damaged woman who is nothing like she was when they were in love. Brody look desperate and pervy pervy for constantly chasing a brain damaged-woman. Jessica is a shell of her former self and nothing more. She whines, pouts and cries every five seconds. Why would these men want her like this/ Viki leaving town was the worst thing that has happend here. It's like Jess is off fending for herself while Marty is off playing the rusty wheel in John and Natalie's story.

Then there is John, Natalie and Marty summarized very easily with I can't believe they killed Jared off for this. And it is lame. John isn't different. I see no reason that explains why Natalie is suddenly willing to go there again. Natalie is smarter than this. Marty are smarter than this. I don't understand what John feels for either woman. Is he in love with Natalie? He doesn't act like it. To make matters worse, he just left town with Kelly. Ridiculous! Because two women fighting over him wasn't enough right?

I don't think I understand what the point is to any of the stories. They are aimlessly shuffling characters around but it does not feel like they will land in a better place than where they started.

I liked Cristian and Layla yesterday and today. It feels like a waste of time though. I doubt Layla lasts beyond the month and I'm sure is about to be run over by the bus that turned Sky into roadkill.

I want to like Rex and Gigi again. I really do. But I am losing patience with this. Why can't they just be together and happy?

The only other bright spots are Bo and Nora and Blair and Elijah. Scratch Blair and Elijah. Todd has no one right now and we can't have that can we? I got the memo today.

• Members

I don't have a problem with it numerically, it's just if you can pass in the looks department or not. Buddy or Tam I can buy as 19/20, a haggard[/betty Butterfield] 20 for Cole but then again his character had a drug problem. Schleprock looks late 20s to me.

Archived