OLTL: Discussion for the week April 12

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because cousins who hate each are fun. Plus, Langston is Starr's best friend and she's banging her cousin. Instant drama. Plus you can imagine how Dorian would feel about her daughter dating a Lord. Plus, imagine if it turned out Ford is keeping tabs on Cristian for his sister Sarah. Make it happen, Ron!

• Members

Because there are loud-mouthed ladies from Jersey who write the most letters and get their orgasm on whenever he takes his shirt off. His presence is the most superficial, transparent piece of soap casting in recent memory and I don't see it as a "treat" to the fans, but as an insult to "thinking" soap fans (thank you MDLC) who aren't interested in such.

• Members

Remember all the story mileage they got out of Starr and Jessica being cousins and the whole dead baby thing? It amounted to like two scenes of Starr holding baby Chloe.

Even that was more than the airtime Rex and Jessica got when they were "siblings."

• Members

I was thinking the same thing--this guy is like a mix of Marko and Cole with maybe a bit of Matthew thrown in, lol.

I have to admit, the last few days of OLTL haven't been... Well as awful as the weekes before were--maybe because we focused more on core characters and less on over the top stories or maybe I've just been in a better mood.

Today seemed particularly shameless with the excuses for shirtlessness. I don't mind seeing a shirtless Brodie, don't get me wrong, but when the excuse to have him take off his shirt is playing a short game of Horse (in a high school no less) we're verging on JER territory (In fact I remember Reilly often having the guys shirtless for basketball games on DAYS). I find it a bit embarassing, but I guess I can deal.

Destiny seems to have improved SOMEWHAT as an actress. But I really don't get her huge upset about playing Langston--I was involved in a lot of high school theatre and it's just not a reaction I woulda seen even with the wannabe divas in our cast--then again we'd never do an original musical about two real life high school students who have a baby.

And boo if that was the last scene for Sky/Fish.

• Members

Don't forget about the shirtless basketball games JFP did on AW and OLTL. I think the one on OLTL involved Sam, what was it, Shirts and Dentures...or whatever.

Having a Joe Barbera/Mark Lawson hairy chested shirtless basketball game would be a great way to make the Jessica story more interesting. Just have Jessica go sit in detention.

I'm having a really hard time getting past how old Brandon Buddy looks. When will they move his character into older stories?

• Members

I wonder if even said stereotyped female soap fans like him--I don't get the impression ANYONE really likes him. He's skanky but there's not even any charm in his skankiness--he's not the scoundrel people love to hate (which OLTL has a great history with from Brad Vernon to David back in the 90s) by any means. Has he been on the show 70% shirtless by the way?

• Members

They always force the guys to trim too much. I just pretend they don't.

Joe played Joe Carlino on AW. He had a very beefy body and hairy chest. There was a great scene where the resident comic psycho, Cindy, broke into his house and then he walked into the living room in nothing but a towel, and she perved as many would in her situation.

I don't know what the age difference is but Brandon looks very old to me. I didn't notice it as much until lately. The continued screentime with people who look so much younger doesn't help.

• Members

Yeah, I was teasing but I should be fair to those ladies because if it's anyone who's got a boner for Ford it's probably OLTL's PTB. What's worse than the idea of a show appeasing a group of vocal horny fans is the idea of FV, RC and company giving the audience what they think they want which probably looks a lot like what they want themselves.

• Members

At least Mark L is still trimmed--not completely waxed like most of the other recent guys (maybe Ford is naturally smooth--but we all know Elijah isn't remotely). With chest hair coming back (slowly) it seems weird the soaps still go for the Chippendales 80s look.

Was Joe on during the JFP era of AW then? I really haven't seen much of that.

Archived