Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I agree to a reshuffle for sure, but I'll go against the grain and say Drew (who only good quality is her husband) and Latoya should have second season, Add ShebySheree to stir that pot, and make Cynthia a friend if she is coming back. 

And most importantly...A NEW PRODUCTION!!!

And I am hollering at how Bravo is advertising POTOMAC all over!!!

PS. Kudos to their production for keeping so many of their secrets underwraps. Light tea but nothing spilled yet. But if we wind up with 7 girls...GUUUURL. 

From where I started...it was pretty all right. So weird since I found the promo meh as well. Starting from the beginning now...

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

@TaoboiAndy LOVED Mama Elsa. I remember she was afraid to fly so Bravo got a private bus to drive her to New York so she could do WWHL and the reunion. She even had a spin off called Havana Elsa about her coffee business. I remember ordering some of it at the time. Her health issues which caused her to film less in season 3 is also why they demoted Marysol. I liked Marysol, but she was more of the HW than Marysol. She may not have had as much screentime, but she had the impact.

ETA:

The RHOA reunion was EXCELLENT! The trailer was TRASH and they released no sneak peaks so I assumed it would be boring. I decided to watch Kandi's Speak On It and she revealed a lot of tea. 

- In regards to the complaints about the season, she blamed production and not the cast. She said that they'd been filming for weeks and that was all cut and they were told to act like it didn't happen because it wouldn't appear on the show. 

- At the reunion she spoke much more than they showed. She said she spoke up in defense of LaToya and Kenya, but her mic was turned down. She said Drew lied about her Native American costume and Kandi called her out for that, but it was cut.

- When Drew's team member busted in LaToya's room it was a BIG deal. LaToya was pissed and went on a major rant cussing out Drew and Ralph for that. Kandi said Andy told her "this isn't that type of show." To me, that is so offensive and I'm sick of the way they treat the black housewives. What Drew's team member did is a major violation and she had the right to be upset.

- She said she felt like the editing protected Drew, as well as Andy because Ralph wasn't held to the fire the way they did Apollo and Peter back in the day.

She said more, but it was a very good companion to the actual reunion. I love that she kept going in on production and making it clear she felt they did a horrible job this season. 

Edited by Chris B

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

This must be the most incompetent and useless production team on Bravo. Why are they editing out entire SLs?? Removing anything juicy? It's almost like they want ATL to fail! 

When a RH show engages or enrages an audience, it is winning. A show fails when the audience gets bored and no longer cares.

ATL (with this production team) appears to want to replicate the BH model, where the women spend inordinate amounts of time Serving Looks and Serving Shade on cue. However, when it comes to actual interaction, everything is chopped up and disjointed and we only get petty fluff. This is one reason why there has been a high turnover of newbies. The audience as a whole is just not connecting to them.

If I were Kandi, I would be FURIOUS. It's like production is focused on protecting Bravo's 'investment' in Porsha and Drew. Anything that interferes with that is brutally excised from the show. Kandi's mic was turned down when she tried to speak up for LaToya and Kenya? So they are literally trying to silence her now?

Andy is all about the double-standard. What a flake he is. He only loves ATL on a superficial level -- he likes the rehearsed shade, he liked Apollo. That's about it. I don't believe he truly understands what 'type of show' ATL is and that IMO is holding the franchise back. Well, him and production.

ETA: I loved Mama Elsa too. It's not too much to say that she WAS RHoM. Nobody else came close to dominating the screen like she did.

Edited by Cat

• Members

RHOA

Well...I don't know where to start. First post after vaccination.

Thank you to @Chris B for all that good sweet tea on the reunion and Mama Elsa. I knew about her illness, but did not know how much she was loved. I was a late comer to RHOM. So wow. Her awesomeness.

Now RHOA...I thought Part 1 was surprisingly solid. However, knowing all the things the tea now on reunions...ENOUGH!!! The whole point of reunions other than recaps has been watching ALL OF IT!!! And lately, production on a lot of HW shows shows have been editing out the juicy stuff. Monique's binder on POTOMAC. More of the juicy details between Brownwyn and Shannon's accusation on OC. Now THIS? REALLY?!?? Smh.

Let it breathe...and STOP PLAY FAVORITES!!! IF they are soooooooooooooo fierce, they can defend themselves. Part of the reason I did not mind problematic Kelly Dodd taking on Andy. Cuz someone needs to at this point. Drag that wannabe housewive trick.

That said...

KENYA. The very definition of 'if they are soooooo fierce, they can defend themselves.' And defend she did!!! Was it perfect? No. This is not Kenya's first rodeo. Compared to last year in fact, she was bringing (so far) her B game. It was funny for me that Porsha was picking on her for exactly what Kenya said on the show they pick on Kenya for. Interesting they have the SAME argument with each other. And I saw how she saw Drew was searching (and searching) for a moment and she DID...NOT...GIVE...HER...ONE. #unbothered I also find it funny that just like POTOMAC did not show Candiace's online stuff/live, they did not mention ALL Drew said about Kenya online either. Cover much?

KANDI. Oops! Look at her throwing that shade at Drew about Ralph. lol. People keep saying that it has become more and more clear that Kandi does not seem to be feeling Drew anymore. Uh oh. 

CYNTHIA. The very definition of sitting pretty so far. 

DREW. The very definition of doing too much. I was like GIRL, BYE. The indigitation. The tag teaming with Porsha, making that alliance so clear. The Ralph. The fakery that Shady Phae Phae did better a la Christian woman. Girl, STOP!!! I was here for Latoya eating her up. I was surprised that Kandi chin-checked her. And I'm looking forward to Kenya staying on her neck. It...is what she deserves.

PORSHA. So I saw the Live. And its contradictions. That said, she made so many good points with Kenya. Not that Kenya did not to her. For all of her doing much, much better for herself, she STILL has so much growing to do as well. I suspect if she would put forth an olive branch, Kenya might take it...depending on how she put it forth. Be the better person. But her slighting over every little thing (hint: owning you defended Kenya to Latoya rather than a slight would have been a good start

Please register in order to view this content

) was not helping. 

LATOYA. HIGHLIGHT!!! I lived for her eating Drew right on up. TBC indeed...

So...good start. 

Well...for one...Ramona and Kenya already got into it and it was not even an HOUR into filming.

Room fight allegedly.  

• Members

Wow, that is ridiculous if they are bending over backwards to protect Drew and create this positive narrative to the audience. Who do they think she is? Bethenny Frankel? 

She made some good points, but overall it was too much. I was sensing the Joyce feeling (BH Season 4) that people just wanted to shove her off her chair and not have to put up with her chirping the rest of the night. 

From what you're saying of what's going on behind the scenes, sounds like Kandi is almost ready to bounce... 

• Members

They are ruining ATL for me. Andy (and the production team) seem very invested in Drew and her stupid theatrics. I don't care how cute her assistant Ralph is, she is too desperate and obvious for RH, not to mention not a very good actress. This season's cast additions should make TPTB realize how valuable their veterans are. 

The reunions could use a new host or a different format. Perhaps some lost footage and backstage interviews by someone else. 

• Members

Housewives in the mid 2000s became the modern day soap.  You'd think Bravo and Andy would observe what helped kill soaps and avoid repeating it.

Here is what is happening..

1) propping. 

Porsha and Drew seem to be propped in the same way as Brownie was on OC. 

People aren't stupid.

2) editing out scenes and story

Sounds like a whole bunch of stuff was edited out..which would provide context on what we're seeing.

If Kandi is correct, than this production team doesn't understand what a reality show is.  Editing out stuff and then the housewives not allowed to talk of it..isn't reality at all.

And I bet the OC would have loved to have had too much footage that needed to be cut.

@Taoboi was Cohen ever objective?

Edited by Soaplovers