Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Yeah, she seems well-equipped to navigate these ladies, and having a small cast benefits her both with the other ladies and the audience. More opportunities for Eboni to get to know the other women as well as more opportunities for the viewers to get to know Eboni. I wonder what she’ll bring in terms of family and career material.

I am curious what happens when the booze (and other substances) really get flowing, and Sonja gets a little frisky lol.  

These shows really reward people who roll up their sleeves and get a little dirty, which is always fraught when you’re the only person of color amid a bunch of white women.

Oh I completely agree. The existing relationships between the women add so many layers. In the case of Ramona/Sonja/Luann, they’ve all fûcked the same guys lol. Of course, when family gets involved things can turn toxic (early NJ, Kyle/Kim on BH), but NY has mostly kept things light.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

RHOD

Well, it sounds like we will be getting reveals on who got fired during the reunion. Should be fun.

SLC

Wow. They are filming with her? Is that a good thing since I don't think Jen and Heather resolved their issues?

• Members

I think you might mean Tinsley, not Leah? Dorinda liked Leah and kind of wanted to ally herself with her.

Dorinda will be missed. The new opening credits feel a little empty without her and her multifaceted personality. But she was in denial about her anger and her drinking in a big way. To the point where the Acapulco trip was almost unwatchable the way she bullied Luann and Sonja into submission. I'm not sure if she fully understands or even feels at fault.

• Members

Yeah I meant Tinsley of course.
But here is the thing: they are all in denial. I mean, I find Ramona to be an absolute monster with not a shred of self-awareness and her behavior during the lockdown was a lot more shocking to me - and her unwillingness to acknowledge it - than anything Dorinda did.

But I get that Dorinda might need a year or a few years off to cool down. But I am going to miss her.
And I continue to think there is something we weren't told about Tinsley that explains D's behavior better than what we got.

• Members

Leah went in on Ramona and her Covidscapades during much of the pandemic, so I'm hoping we see a lot of that confrontation on the show. Sadly, Ramona partying with Don Cokehead Jr at Mar-a-lago came out after filming wrapped (!!). She really is deeply selfish and uncaring of anything but her own immediate gratification.

Dorinda: sometimes I wonder if she even needed a year off? The fact is, the viewer has had a year of No Dorinda, and oftentimes that is enough to come back refreshed? Dorinda could have had a redemption arc this season, but once again, I'm not sure she felt she needed to, and that may be where she and Bravo parted ways. Dorinda was not reading the room with regards to how she came across last year, and instead doubled down. She may still be harboring resentment with the other women and Bravo about not being invited back.

Tinsley and Dorinda. I think Dorinda was jealous of Tinsley's looks and youth, and resentful of what she viewed as the preferential treatment Tinsley got from production with regards to her SLs and whatever was really going on in her relationship with Coupon Creep. Dorinda basically called her a kept woman.

They also probably never got each other. Dorinda likely viewed Tinsley as really not that smart or interesting (I'm afraid I agree with that).

And of course Tinsley knew a few secrets about Dorinda. John asking Coupon Creep for money obviously soured Tinsley and Dorinda's relationship. Tinsley likely also knew about the extent of Dorinda drinking and other proclivities, and Dorinda, I imagine, did not like her having the upper hand. So she thought she could intimidate her into silence. Clearly Production took sides on that issue, too, and that's why they leaked the blow-up about John. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

If that was the case, her anger would have predated last season and there wasn't that kind of intense anger. Something happened no one is telling us.

But both Dorinda and Bravo said - and of course that's the official line but as you said it might have some truth to it - that indeed she needed to be off for a while. The fact they kept the cast so small this season tells me they genuinely expect to try and bring her back 

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

It was OK.

Kenya, despite being my girl, got her feet held to fire a lot, but that's normal. She handled it well. 

Drew, on the other hand, continued to annoy me. One second, she's sobbing, the next she is giggling, and then she's acting like she has selective amnesia the next. I'm glad Toya came out pounced on her at the end of the reunion.