Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Salt Lake City had a first season like Potomac where expectations were low and they came out guns blazing. I’m still shocked at how strong it was and how well produced. The chemistry was also excellent and like Potomac I could see this same overall ensemble carrying them for years. 

I feel like SLC is what people have tried to make Dallas out to be. I stand by my feeling that the first 3 seasons were overrated and the ensemble was a combination of being dull and toxic. Leanne wasn’t a good long term villain and I’m so sick of seeing people ask for Cary to come back when she was boring herself. I feel like with seasons four and five it’s finally becoming a solid HWs franchise and I need them to keep pushing for their breakout season. If they make the right changes for season 6, that could be their year. And by right changes I mean it’s time for Stephanie and Brandi to go and bring in strong new housewives like they’ve found in Kary and Tiffany who can drive story, create conflict and show wealth. 

To me it’s crazy that Stephanie and Brandi are still around when they bring so little to the show. 

• Members

Indeed. I have loved every second of SLC. As @Chris B points out, there are parallels to Potomac - in my view these smaller communities make the best settings for RH franchises. This season reminded me of Melbourne and Vancouver (in my view, the finest RH iterations) in that it had strong cast chemistry, a tight storyline arc, and was beautifully produced and embraced its setting. 

• Members

I would grade SLC's first season a solid B+. Atlanta, NJ and BH are the only S1s which get an A+ from me, they are so perfect. S1 NY and Potomac were B+ simply because of the gold-star seasons which followed them.

SLC has great potential to build on. For me, there was a lack of story progression. This translated in repetition across episodes; for example, Jen's staged tantrums began to feel interchangeable. Meredth's story did have evolution, but judging by the reunion trailer, she and Seth might be right back where they started. Also, Mary was not a cohesive part of the group with that weird mid-season ouster, and that IMO affected cast dynamics.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Same. 

And early reports is that everyone is coming back.

And agree @DaytimeFan, it has given me RHOV throughout which had one of the best first season as well. 

You mean a fake sweet one.

Please register in order to view this content

No A+ for RHOV?

That said, I would kindly disagree on story progression. Of course I would be coming from the angle that the main stories was Meredith and Seth's marriage arc, but that was because there was a nugget of it each other and it changed from marriage problems to separation to Jen's gossip to coming back together to secrets about the gossiping to the reveal to the aftermath. It was soooooo old school soap opera and nicely paced IMHO. And the other main story was Jen vs Mary...which took up half the season. And let's be real...Mary sooo pot stirring the secret part. And Jen walking past her at the finale was hilarious. 

And there's so much to build on depending on where the reunion goes. 

I will agree that Jen freaked out waaaaay too much. But I will say that led to her showdown in Vegas where Meredith took her power back by revealing the truth of the dating to the other girls AND showing her anger finally and gave Jen the claws. And Jen has not went off since.   Great payoff.

• Members

@Taoboi we can agree to disagree. 

Please register in order to view this content

And RHOV S1 would get an A+. Perfect mix of drama, location and casting.

Clearly this is Garcelle. It could be a lucky guess on Enty's part, but I've been sensing that Garcelle's heart is really not into BH. I don't blame her. She has work and other priorities and life is just too short to tangle with The Coven who have nothing but this show to focus on.

She's a breath of fresh air and would be a loss to the franchise which needs her more than she needs it TBH. She's doing the right thing for herself, though.

• Members

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Ok.

You and DaytimeFan remind me that I've overdue a rewatch of RHOV S1...it has been waaaaaaay too long. But I need to do the same with LoL now that I'm thinking about that. 

That's how I feel as well...with THE TALK, her heavily promoting COMING 2 AMERICA, and I know I'm missing another of her projects, Garcelle is going to have a busy year...no need for those hoes. 

• Members

Awww, of course it's Garcelle, and the Beverly Hills hags will always hate on the ones who don't really need the show to survive/thrive/feel pretty & popular. 

Looking forward to SLC's reunion. I love the winter wonderland set! I haven't kept up with their social media accounts, so I don't know what kind of drama has unfolded since filming, but there's always that insulated innocence of the first season of any housewives franchise that morphs into strategy and camera mugging as they start getting viewer feedback in the second year.  Overall, this is a great crop of women (though Jen will have to go on an additional apology tour and keep her tantrums in check for Season Two) and I, too, see shades of Potomac potential. 

• Members

From what I can tell on social media and through WWHL appearances, Season 2 appears to be Heather/Whitney vs. Lisa/Jen.  Meredith also seems to want nothing to do with Jen, but I'm curious to know how her friendship with Lisa is going considering she's sided with Jen.

Did you all see what Brandi posted the other day about Armie Hammer?  I shouldn't be surprised, but this is pretty F'ed up even for Brandi.

https://pagesix.com/2021/02/08/brandi-glanville-tells-armie-hammer-he-can-have-her-rib-cage/

• Members

RHOV S1 can be rewatched endlessly. For me, it is the height of Housewives perfection. 

Can't blame Garcelle and I was surprised she hung in there for another season once I Am Denise f*cking Richards, Kyle, decided to quit. It seems to be the trend that if a HW doesn't need the show that the BH women go absolutely cannibalistic on the poor woman.