Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Brandi has always been thirsty so irrelevant. lol.

Now love that SLC tea. It keeps the dynamic for Season 2 fresh, but unpredictably good. Especially the fact that Meredith and Lisa could be on the outs because of Jen.

Oh God, yes. I loved that first season so well. It makes me dread getting around to watching Season 2. Season 1 was perfect. And Season 2 from what I heard on here and saw very little of was toxic.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Season 2 was toxic.  Jody wasn't kept in check and was allowed to bully Mary.  Plus, her one friend became a housewife that was a recovering alcohol..but had a tea drink that had small traces of alcohol in it. 

Jody was mean, vicious, and had one Jen Shah sized meltdown at the end of the season.  It was so bad that no reunion was filmed and the show was canceled.

Outside of Jody and ronnie (she was creepy)... there were some good parts to it.  2 out of the 3 additions were not from Canada...one was from Russia and the other was from Texas.

• Members

They lost Christina and that had an impact. Reiko was a loss too because she was very grounded. Jody was no longer kept in check, and ran roughshod over the cast. Ronnie went nuts on her prescription meds and sided with Jody over Mary. It was out of control. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

Yeah, Christina (and her tagline) was my favorite so her loss (and the fact she had Mary's back) was part of the reason I felt weary continuing. Her and Reiko kept Jody in check so I agree with you two. With them,  she ran over the others. Something she should not had even been able to do given she got her comeuppance at the end of Season 1. They should have never brought her.

I might do it some day but yes, hearing all that toxicity is giving me RHOM Season 3 Reunion vibes. SMH. 

• Members

@Taoboi I haven't watched S2 RHOV since it first aired years ago, but the bullying of Mary by Jody was egregious. Jody wasn't just doing this for the show; she was actually evil and her inexplicable hatred of Mary oozed off the screen. I can't remember if she accused Mary of being antisemitic at one point, but I do recall her bringing her equally awful daughter into the mix, not to mention preying on Ronnie who was struggling with addiction. Jody single-handedly destroyed the franchise. I imagine Slice (which aired it) got so many complaints about the bullying that they didn't want to be associated with it.

Might have been a blessing for some women. I believe Mary remarried and is likely in a happier space. Ronnie went into treatment for alcoholism and is now sober; i believe she might have remarried also but unsure. She and Mary reconnected on social media a few years back.

Jody may have lost some or all of her businesses, which is karma IMO. Sadly, Yulia's husband divorced her two seconds after the show finished and because of the pre-nup, she was left with not much. Not sure what Christina is doing these days, but hopefully she's having fun doing it, lol.

For a palate cleanser, I would recommend rewatching S1 RHOMelbourne! A perfect balance of humor, shade and pettiness. Gina to Andrea: "You are an insignificant arse-hair!" God, Andrea was so uppity and delusional, and watching Gina demolish her and Lydiot's respective facades was *chef's kiss*

• Members

RHOD: Oh Kameron NO.

And I spy ginger trashbox Brandi in the comments encouraging this mess.

Please register in order to view this content

Seriously desperate for attention. What next -- prison letters to the Menendez brothers?

Edited by Cat

• Members

@Cat Christina I want to say became a photojournalist.  I could be wrong (I just woke up). 

ETA: My bad. lol. I think I am getting her mixed up with Jennifer Sky. But...I found this from a year ago...

Real Housewives Of Vancouver’s Christina Kiesel And Ronnie Negus Reunite — See Pics Here! (irealhousewives.com)

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

OMG How cool! And spooky. Ronnie and Christina have not aged a day!

Nice to see Christina's BFF Kevin Chase joined them. Given how close a lot of the women still are (Ronnie, Youlia and Amanda supported each other through AA after the show ended), it would be cool to catch up with all of them in a mini-season . Mary, Ronnie, Youlia, Christina, Robin (a Texan Trumper, yikes) and Reiko. And Jody, I suppose. I'd be curious to see where Evil Jodyficent is in her life.

• Members

If I'm not mistaken, karma still isn't done with Jody.

Please register in order to view this content

Last I checked.

And I think before this Christina also caught up with Mary so they seem to still be close as well. 

I wouldn't mind a mini season either, but I'm bias.

• Members

Oh wow when the show aired they didn't even acknowledge that the party was literally on Lisa's birthday. I would've been pretty annoyed.

I really need to know what the real issue is between Heather and Lisa. Surely Heather can't be this upset that Lisa doesn't remember her from college. Like that is the dumbest thing to be this upset about.