Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Thank you for the mega compliment. I over-write and I hate that about my posting sometimes -- I envy everybody's posts on this thread which are always succinct and a breath of fresh air. I love coming on here and reading the viewpoints. Especially atm. This has been a necessary daily stopover in these tough times.

Re: RHONY. I get it. Different strokes for different folks! Sometimes a rewatch allows us to appreciate an episode when we are finally in the mood to absorb it. Jules season was great! Bethenny and Carole were abhorrent, and Jules was gone too soon IMO.

Omg Miami, that takes me back. If I remember correctly, S2, I disliked Joanna Krupa from the jump. I always loved Alexia. Always loved Mama Elsa. Liked the burgeoning Lea Black/plastic surgeon's wife relationship -- it was very mentor/mentee. Liked Karent a lot and hated that Las Cubanas took against her.

Glad they got rid of that S1 Cristy creature (the world's most mediocre model) and the lost Kardashian sister (so deeply boring that Kris Jenner gave her up for adoption).

Haven't watched S2 since it first aired!

Edited by Cat

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Decent Part 2 of the reunion. I didn’t watch Nene’s video, but she seemed so dejected and resigned before she walked off that second time. Like she wasn’t agitated, just kinda over it. Certainly Kandi dog-walked her in that little skirmish, so she may have also been worn out.

Porsha’s text from Kenya was a big nothingburger, as expected. Waste of a good cliffhanger.

Yovanna’s on next week. I take sadistic pleasure seeing her as the communal punching bag, because she’s so fücking pathetic and thirsty.

Funny that, of all people, Corny Canadian Tanya was the only person to draw even the slightest blood with Kenya. Love her or hate her, Kenya came prepared for this reunion. Nene certainly was not.

Loved Kandi’s comment to Tanya: “You’re coming into this situation with us. We can’t rescue you!” Sink or swim, bitch.

Take a drink every time these ladies say “Cookie Lady.”

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I watched this as I wanted to see where the cat meme came from and it is so much more raw than anything I see when I look at any clips on here. The Rinna and Dorit "don't talk about my daughters' event" contrivance with Sutton looks even more pathetic now. I don't know why production was so fine with promoting such transparent, badly acted phoniness. 

• Members

It was totally raw and real. It's a shame Bravo did not add here the last 5-10 minutes of the episode where Taylor sobs uncontrollably in the limo, makes the driver pull over on the side of the road and chain-smokes his cigs like they are her last. We are literally watching Taylor come to the realisation that her husband is going to find out that she's the one who told the women about his abuse -- and for that transgression, he will very likely take his anger out on her. It was horribly chilling. She was literally staring at another beating (or worse).

She also realised that she was going to have to decide whether to stay or leave him once and for all. There were a lot of complex issues happening. 

And in the finale episode, we saw the fading bruise on her eye where he had hit her after they were ejected from the White Party. He saw that nobody liked or trusted him, or would do business with him ever again, and he took it out on her. His house of cards had crumbled.

It was real-life horrifying, but seeing Taylor's journey that year made S2 one of the best seasons I have ever watched tbh. I don't understand why Bravo were so hasty in getting rid of her in S3. Taylor still had a lot to offer, but Kyle threw her under the bus and the show was enamoured with Yolanda and her fridge, so... I think an elegant grifter and social-climber like TayShanna is needed on a franchise like BH. In the early days, the Haves and the Less-Haves were an important, watchable dynamic which powered the show. The power plays between the different women were fascinating. Now they have dropped all that for... glam squads.

Edited by Cat

• Members

@Cat thank you for the extra details - beautifully stated, as always. I guess I can see why Bravo wanted to back away from such haunting material for something they could more easily control, but I think when they shifted more in the direction of Brandi, they went down the wrong road (especially when it got to the point where so much of the drama could not even be shown oncamera because of various restraining orders). 

• Members

Ugh sorry. Damn geo-block! It's pandemic times! They could ease up on the viewing restrictions for once.

I don't know if you can view this, but this was an interesting Bravo footnote to the events of S2:

Edited by Cat