Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Bravo's app is listing April 15th as RHOBH's premiere date. I'm hoping that means we get an official announcement soon. This has been so drawn out that my expectations have skyrocketed. After all this hype in the press, extended filming and a fricking cast of thousands, this better be amazing. SMH!

• Members

The fact that they have delayed it has dampened my expectations somewhat. It suggests that they are hastily trying to re-cut the season and find some excitement in the footage. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a 12-episode season for BH if that is the case. Keep it pacey. I don't need filler. The past three seasons have been filler enough!

I am also hesitant about the new BH production team. ATL changed its longtime production team around S9-10 and ever since I haven't been able to completely connect with the show. Could this happen with BH too? We get a new production team bringing in 'catchy' music and speedy Kardashianesque jump-cuts and whatnot, but ultimately not understanding the show or the women and not really caring to go deeper with them.

I am re-watching S5 ("You don't know what I go through AT NIGHT!" / Amsterdam / Brandi imploding) -- what a fun and wild ride that was. The drama and personal interactions were intense. And lord help me but I really liked Yolanda that season.

Edited by Cat

• Members

BH s5 is amazing.  And because of Billie Reed, I'll always love Lisa Rinna... but if she's going to OWN IT, she should own that during that season, she full knowingly turned Kim's relapse into THE story on the show for years.  Kim is responsible for herself (even if Kim doesn't think that), but Rinna point blank did that.  She knows how reality tv works.  And I know it's unpopular on here, but I really like Yolanda for the most part.

It's hard for me to get excited about BH because I really don't like any of the women except for Rinna, and I don't like how snakey she is and I hate her home storyline with her daughters (more Harry and Lois!).  I really enjoy Denise, though.  I hope this is the year their ridiculous pact to protect each other (with everyone's lawsuits, etc.) ends.  I hope we can count on a scorned Camille and thirsty Brandi for that.  But I am not looking forward to the defenestration of Denise, who was the breakout star since Erika.

Edited by DynamiteKiddo

• Members

RHONJ: Do any of the housewives besides Teresa have a storyline? I've been watching since the hair pull, and the show is (for the most part) just the women in group settings. The women fight and then break off intro two groups of three. Melissa was the catalyst for some drama (the hair pull reveal; the losers comment), but of all the shows, I think this show has the women work as a group even though it's clear it's the Teresa show.

RHOBH: I think a bigger problem with season five is that Lisa Rinna was allowed to get away with violent criminal behaviour. I can't stand Kim so I'm not sympathetic to her lies and perpetual victimhood, but Lisa threw a glass at her. Lisa threatened the alcoholic and mentally unbalanced Kim's life via those messages, but nearly everyone (including LVP who she would turn against the next season) made Lisa R. the victim. That's a pattern that continued. The next season, Lisa R. went after Yolanda (even her family thought Yolanda was faking so I get LR's campaign) until she feared backlash and then switched gears to go after Lisa V. This past year, LR targeted LVP even though her brother killed himself and LVP's mother died. IT didn't matter to her. LR appears to be doing the same thing with Denise this season. 

RHOC: I listened to Tamra on Jeff Lewis's show. Why is it I always enjoy her when she's not on the show? She had some interesting things to say about the new production company and their editing.

• Members

What's the Cliffs Notes?

Please register in order to view this content

New Jersey... Boy, Jennifer was interjecting Way. Too. Much.  It was funny at some points --- calling out Melissa's fake storylines, eye-rolling when people like Dolores & Jackie were having a moment that Jennifer likely thought was fake sincerity --- but just annoying in so many other places.  Even though she needs to take it down a couple notches, the animosity between her and Melissa and Marge will keep her around another year for sure. 

Nothing too much to say except I look forward to seeing the final crazy erratic paranoid production of Danielle Staub (or "Stub" as Melissa says, haha) when she has her last Housewives moment... which I'm guessing will be right by Andy's side if she has her way! 

• Members

She said that the new production team edited the show so she was never able to explain things that happened on the show. She said that they dubbed over her voice with lines she had said other times. She claims that someone got in Kelly's ear and that's why she and Kelly fell out. Tamra says she had decided to quit during the reunion but was persuaded not to. She comes across as genuine in the interview, but my summary makes it seem otherwise.

• Members

I have a weird soft spot for Yolanda -- despite her snobby high-handedness and cold single-mindedness. S4 when she jumped all over Ken practically accusing him of assault and then sniffed "My husband would never be seen with the likes of you!" really turned me off. But S5 won me back when she took everybody to Holland and bonded nostalgically with LVP on a deeper level (both were Voices of Reason that trip).

Amid the snootiness, I liked the way she cut to the heart of things, talking about her family, about fakeness, men replacing their wives for a younger model (*cough*), women ready to screw anybody over for a Gucci handbag. Genuine moments that contributed to the franchise beyond beautiful houses and picture-perfect Instagram lives.

Since she left the show, I realise that she has left a gaping hole. Yolanda added glamour, wealth and A-list power to the show (alongside LVP). BH has desperately tried to replicate that effortless glamour but no-one on BH comes close. Not even Erika Girardi. You can't replicate David Foster's stature in the music industry, or the Hadid sisters rise to legit supermodel superstardom. I found all that fascinating to watch.

After S6 I was ready for Yo to leave because the Lyme disease stuff was depressing and toxic. The backlash ruined everybody and BH has never been the same since. However, in hindsight, I think she was dismissed too hastily, and if they ever brought her back, I would be ok with that. Seeing Kyle and Rinna cower in front of her laser ice-blue gaze (they were legit scared of her) would be worth it! 

Rinna, as you and @DynamiteKiddo point out, has become utterly ruthless.

The way she targets the weakest link and picks them off (addicted Kim; sick Yolanda; nutty Eden who really wasn't that nutty after all, just used and thrown under the bus by Rinna).

The way she takes one original element from a HW and tries to co-opt it for herself. For example, seeing her push those Dollar-Store Hadid daughters (the eldest child has had so much surgery and fillers, she now looks unrecognizeable). This is what I mean about the gaping hole Yolanda has left behind! Those poor kids are NOT supermodel material. Or seeing her adopt Erika Jayne's wigs and costumes. It's like she is trying to become somebody else. I feel like she is progressively losing her joy, vulnerability and humanity.

This season will tell whether Rinna returns to the forefront of the BH stage like the STAH we know she is dying to be. And hopefully we get more Harry and Lois because those two humanize her. Maybe one day we will also see her comeuppance.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Rinna is acting.. she views RHOBH as another acting role.  I forgot what season it was.. but she had guest roles on the Middle, a return stint to Days, etc... going while the season was filming... and that was the season she wasn't leading the charge to bully someone.   

I think if these women have actual stuff going on in their day to day life, they are less likely to create drama in group settings because they have something they're bringing to the table.  RHOC last season.. Shannon and Kelly were the only two that contributed anything to the narrative in both their day to day lives.. and in group settings (and I look forward to seeing them spar next season.. since both have positive changes in their personal lives... and with Tamra/Vicki gone.. maybe the two might mend fences?).

And I agree it's time for Melissa to be demoted to a friend of.... she doesn't really add anything to the show.  Delores' day to day is more interesting to me with her close friendship with her ex (and I get why she'll never take him back.. and she should hold firm to that), her relationship with her kids, etc.

• Members

Dorinda's late husband Richard was an adviser to the Clinton's, if I recall correctly. Dorinda campaigned for Hillary in 2016. So maybe Dorinda called in a favour. Also Hillary has a 4-hour Netflix documentary to shill.

• Members

Sorry. Bad popup on this sight so just now replying...and WOW...a lot of pages to get through....but...

THIS BETTER NOT BE TRUE!!!!

Has Karen said otherwise since?

I was just watching RHOP clips last night and it occurred to me that maybe Candiace is trying to make Karen pick sides in her fight with Monique. And we know that won't fly.

• Members

This is probably going to take a while but...

OC

So I was surprised looking through this that no one was mentioning how Andy with his messy a*s was trying to get Vicki and Tamra back on TV from what I heard. That Tamra was actually back on OC because what they filmed so far was just like RHOBH...BORING.

Speaking of...

BH

So it sounds like April 15 is the date that was leak. And as a result, RHOP was pushed back. 

Uh...no.

@Cat, I giggled when you opened admitted you were going to hate watch. Not sure if I will watch unless they implode or my theory about Lipsa attempting a takedown comes to pass, but that looks non-existent with the Brandi stuff and the reshoot. And there was a rumor of Sutton being demoting?

• Members

NJ:

Jennifer was annoying with the interrupting, but it was also fun to see how fast she is on her feet. She was bringing out her inner Queens. Calling out a smug and complacent Melissa on her fake SLs was GOLD! Melissa, who assumes she is safer-than-safe, who kept looking to Jackie & Marge as 'her' backup -- no, honey, you have to think fast and come back at Jennifer all by yourself!

Jennifer was also giving Marge quite the workout. Marge maybe got herself a somewhat worthy opponent.

Also this part: 

Jennifer: You spend all your time complimenting yourself on your selfies!

Melissa: Who told you that?!

Jennifer: Oh, I'd rather not say. 

Cut to Teresa looking innocent.

What I liked best was seeing friendships across the 'two groups'. Dolores and Jackie now having a friendship, and Jackie avoiding the racism card which perhaps other HWs would have milked for relevancy. Marge defending Dolores to Jennifer. Teresa respecting Jackie's struggle with her eating disorder. Maybe the audience wants more fighting and toxic anger, but I like that this establishes more authentic links between the women. It actually increases the stakes whenever the group is forced to pick a side.

Haha yes, I will hate-watch Rinna/Vyle/Divorced Dorit/Erotika/the smug boring pregnant one until boredom sets in. (I can already picture Smug Boring One's first scene: her pregnant ass on a treadmill lecturing us. "Just cuz you're pregnant doesn't mean you can slack on your exercise routine!").

However, I'm fine with Camille, ok about Denise, WAY excited about Garcelle (I wonder if Vivica A. Fox was ever asked to join BH?) and ready to see what Sutton has to offer.

Brandi -- um..... I am dreading her first scene which will undoubtedly be about LVP. I think her comments on Twitter have been excessively crude and bullying. However, I have been listening to her podcast recently and, weirdly, she's actually sort of ok on there? She also lets her guests talk. 

Re: OC -- I heard Tamra is back. As a full-time HW. Just when you think she's dead... she pops up and attacks you!

Edited by Cat

• Members

@Cat, I would not be surprised if TamRat is back. Andy has always had a soft spot for her and her vileness. I'm pretty sure if she's back, she'll try and use Simon's ailment as her story. 

RHOA:

Yes, I'll admit it! My girl (Kenya) is getting her comeuppance somewhat. I do think that the reason is all over the place this season is do to a lot of projecting her anger for Marc towards others. 

However, Nene has no right to take a moral high ground when she has a history of interjecting in folks relationship and being in a dud marriage as well. It's been circulating for weeks that Gregg stepped out on her again and possibly got someone knocked up. 

In reality, none of these women should be boasting about their relationships. Much like children, they should just form a pact to not discuss them on camera b/c no one is in great standing with their significant other. Just saying.