Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Yes, Lydia has a cruel streak. I am entertained by her and give her a pass on some things, but that cruel streak was evident from S1 Ep1. She is just the kind of narcissistic Lydiot who might think calling someone gay is scandalous gossip. I don't think Lydia thought beyond that. Because she's a dumb-dumb. What surprised me was the lack of backlash from the Australian audience who would likely be pretty gay-friendly. Lydia was saved by the fact that the cease-and-desist prevented anyone from the show from talking about the rumor directly on the show or at reunion. All we heard was that Lydia said something which would have potentially cost Chyka and Bruce their business, and which was a lie. Chyka never spoke to Lydia again, and it was clear Jackie and Janet never forgave her either. They were furious. If the gossip had come out on the show, I think Lydia would have been eventually fired.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

RHOMelbourne season 5:

With Gina and Lydia gone, I initially was not sure about watching the latest season. Gina was one of those HWs that defines an entire show. But, with all the Melbourne talk on this thread recently, I found that I suddenly had the urge to check it out and give it a chance.

Watched the first 4 episodes thus far and I'm firmly into it! Yes, Gina's presence is missed. Yes, there are FOUR new HWs -- Cherry, Kyla, Simone and Anjali -- alongside Jackie, Janet and Gamble. None of the newbies are going to be another lightening-strike Giner. Nevertheless, this is bubbling along better than expected. Episode 4 brought us to Queensland, and the shots of dramatic waterfalls in lush tropical settings on the other side of the world were truly spectacular. Melbourne also loves slo-mo shots of the women walking, dressed in their finery, Charlie's Angels style.

Janet has assumed the Queen role of this franchise. Not only is she living an exceptionally fabulous life with her new partner, but she has longtime beef with newbie Kyla. She and Kyla knew each other when they were both in previous (unhappy) relationships, and reconnecting again, Janet feels Kyla has changed. Putting her cards on the table in episode 4, Janet goes even further -- Kyla is a liar, fibbing about her past in Paris, and who knows what else. 

Kyla is some snooty champagne expert (shades of cat lady Anne on RHOAuckland, except without the sense of humor) -- a clenched bossy-boots who absolutely must control the situation and insert herself into everything. An Alpha, in other words, and she's also a pot-stirrer. She's in this game to make an impression on the audience, and Janet knows this and wants to cut her off at the pass.

Kyla is already close friends with Cherry and Anjali -- production was smart about bringing in an existing friend group to pit them against the OG friend group. Simone is the odd one out and leaning towards the OGs. She has already accused yoga queen Cherry of stealing the designer who is dressing Simone for the show! This is just the kind of petty fourth-wall-breaking nonsense that I live for. Cherry has countered by calling Simone superficial and a liar. Simone kept looking to the camera when she did that, and that's when I understood that Cherry may be Having Her Moment for the camera. 

Anjali used to work at CNN and speaks in a slightly contrived, posh British accent. The only time she perks up is when she can humble-brag about herself. I'm already finding her grating.

Cherry -- the jury is out on her. I found her nice at first, but the outburst at Simone was OTT.

Gamble -- hasn't been in the mix that much, although she had the line of the season when Kyla loudly boasted about having had a one night stand with her (female) hairdresser: "Jesus, I can't even get an appointment with mine."

Jackie has changed. I found her irritable and resentful last season, and obsessed with her own business opportunities (remember La Mascara wine? And the Shine Tour?). This season, she has come back humbled in a way. Part of it is having gone through IVF and, devastatingly, suffered a miscarriage. IVF takes so much out of a woman physically and mentally. I know of relationships which have ended because IVF essentially broke up the couple. Anyway, Jackie has been through it and she's kinder, softer, more introspective so far.

Edited by Cat

• Members

RHOMelbourne 

The Dubai trip truly is the start of Lydia turning into a villain. She just randomly decided to try and outdo Chyka. They never had any issues previously.

Pettifleur is somehow a monster and also trying to be a victim. I will be happy to no longer see her in season 4 when I get there.

• Members

RHOM

Slower than the first two episodes, but just as good.

One of the movers and shakers for this series has always been Adriana. So it was a shock to see she did not have a mojito. But this episode was a fresh reminder of the fact that she is fascinating to watch. It was also a reminder that Adriana is MESSY. M-E-S-S-Y. 

I could see why the other girls are side-eyeing the friendship between her and Julia. Adriana is the prime age for when a woman might discover a late in life same sex relationship...something we have been speculating over for the last few months for the charcter of Alexis in the GH monthly thread. They definitely have chemistry. And to bring on the mess of having TWO dates at a gallery showing for Julia's WIFE...and Julia knowing NONE of this (and the look on her face was priceless). Not to mention Martina being unaware of how close they are (for now). Just...wow. Who does she think she is? ALEXIA?? LOL.

Alexia continued to be what telenovelas are made of. We dived into her relationship with Todd. The drama with the ex-husband's ex-lover continued. And we got to see her life during Pride as she got an award. Interesting (and juicy) stuff.

We got a little bit more info on the other characters (and saw more of the fabulousness of Kiki) that it was all easy breezy...how I like my HW shows. Can't wait for Adriana vs Guerdy this week.

And just a fresh trivia reminder that The BH Housewives were ALSO in Dubai at the same time. And if I remember correctly the SAME hotel as the Melbourne girls.

The crossover that SHOULD have happened. 

• Members

Its too bad because Milania and Antonia got along like a house on fire, and so did Audriana and the Gorga boys.

That trailer looks.... I want to say crazy and epic, but also really sad. I think this is it for Teresa and her brother. The parents are no longer there to beg them to reconcile. 

Also... whoever screenshot this, thank you.

Please register in order to view this content

Oh man... just wait until next week and the dinner party at Julia's house! There will be lots to unpack!

And re: Dubai and the lost BH/Melbourne crossover... how epic would that have been? It might have even saved BH from being a horribly toxic season! Gina and LVP were already friendly and regularly in touch.

Edited by Cat

• Members

It shows because everybody looks spectacular! I cannot get over Kenya and her white tux. 

Still, WTF Bravo not doing a promo for its highest-rated RH franchise? Especially a season where at least 2 cast members left and 3 were added. Is BH getting a new promo? Those HWs always seem like they are filming new openings, promos and VTs.

Speaking of BH, Teddi's podcast has reunited the bulk of The Coven -- Rinna, Erika and Kyle. I'm going to hate-listen to see if any tea is spilled. Bracing myself for Terri inserting herself into drama in which she had no involvement and saying "YOU GUYS" every 10 seconds.