Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Before I get into OC, I have to laugh at Dr. Jen and the usually shirtless hubby with his toy chihuahua always in his arms because that is SO me, lol. As we watched the early episodes of this season, my hubby pointed out that I do that ALL the time with my darling lil Coco (see avatar photo). Any discussion, good or bad, Coco's in my arms (well arm actually, cuz she's so tiny). But I digress...

I think we're up to episode 9 now of OC? And I can honestly say, this is still a rebuilding year, with the cast seemingly on their own islands. Half-way through the episode, I thought: they really need Tamra back. SOMEONE that helps connects the old (Shannon, Heather) with the newish (Gina, Emily), and help stir things up with the brand newbies (Noella, Jen). Because this crop of women still feels very disjointed.

Honestly, sometimes I don't know where Shannon fits in anymore. Gina & Emily, the two we all were lukewarm about during their early years, are the two ships that help navigate the story and tie everyone together. It seems like a chore for Heather to hang with anyone, and really it is; it's a job. It shouldn't feel that way to us viewers though. 

Noella is just too much too soon. She has beef with half the cast and turns on the ones who are in her corner. Shannon is the one she hasn't targeted yet. Noella's on track to ice herself out of the group before the end of her first year. She's messy and too much, which means she'll cool off in her second year, similar to Jennifer over on New Jersey.... if she's back another year. 

Jen is nice, and I wouldn't put her in the Terri DeMarco desperation category, but she isn't really popping.

So I dunno. It all feels very disjointed and inorganic, even in Housewives' world. 

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

RHONJ

@NothinButAttitude @Taoboi I was pretty devastated at seeing my fave, Dolores, turn so meanly on Jennifer. "We're not going to cry, are we, Jennifer" -- like she thought Jennifer was milking it. Which maybe she was, a little. But I'm sure we've all walked into a gathering and felt the chill from other people there and suddenly got hit with overwhelming anxiety. I think this happened to Jennifer, and the lack of empathy from Marge and Dolores astounded me. Dolores of all people! Even Jackie and MeHo felt a little bad for Jen. (Although I can't help but wonder if Jackie is trying to be Jennifer's friend in order to eventually bring her down -- for two seasons now, the Budget Coven have been laser-focused on Jennifer as their target).

FWIW, Dolores and Marge are close, even though they are on different 'teams' (Dolores is also close friends with Caroline Manzo!). And another interesting tidbit: back in the day, Dolores worked at Dr. Zaddy Bill's practice as an office manager! This was after her stint as a corrections officer. I don't think she had an affair with Bill (!!) but maybe she saw some stuff. And told Marge.

I still think Bill's an ok guy, BTW.

Speaking of teams... full disclosure: I am Team Gia. This look she gave her Zia Melissa! LOL!

FLLxRyUXMAYBz1X?format=jpg&name=small

I've seen commentary saying Gia was disrespectful to Joe and overstepped her role on the show. I disagree. Yes, she was insolent -- she's been over Joe & Melissa using her family for SL for 12 years. "Always acting a scene" is what she told Joe at one point. I also admire Gia for not backing down when Joe, Melissa and Teresa tried to impose the prevailing narrative which is the following: Juicy Joe was an evil villain who caused Tre to go to jail, tore the Gorga family apart, and drove Nonna and Nonno to an early grave. This narrative is false. Those of us who've been watching since S1 ep.1 know what we saw. Juicy Joe was a crook, yes. But Teresa wanted -- by any means necessary -- a mansion, instant wealth, and her shot at landing this Bravo reality show. Did she understand the legal repercussions when she signed a bunch of papers Joe threw under her nose? Probably not. But I think she knew that sh*t was not on the up-and-up, and she went with it anyway. Not that Joe & Melissa's finances were all that perfect when they built their Mini-Me McMansion in Montvale -- the rumor is that Joe re-mortgaged Nonno & Nonna's house (behind their backs!) to get the financing, and he missed a payment and they lost their home for a while. All this so that the Gorgas could get on RHONJ and launch Melissa's 'singing' career.

And I say all this as a Tre fan, BTW! But... it is what it is! And Gia has seen all this and knows. She saw all the fights behind closed doors. She lived with her grandparents. She knows it's not 100% Juicy's fault and that there are nuances. And if anything gave the elderly Gorgas undue stress at the beginning, it was the divide between Joe and Teresa which was broadcast for the world to see. 

So, yeah, I think Joe needs to reflect a little on the factors that actually brought down Da Famb'ly before he pops off at his young niece. Having said all that, there is no denying the love Joe and Gia hold for each other, and I was really glad they hugged and made up at the end.

RHOM

Man, I love this show, and I cannot even tell you what actually happened this week.

First of all, the fashion, honey! I want everything in Guerdy and Kiki's wardrobe. I feel like the fashion is aspirational and gorgeous without being "F*ck you, none of you common folk can afford this bling." Which is a problem I have with BH's over-abundance of labels (Dorit, Erika, I'm looking at you) which exhaust rather than inspire me with beauty.

Secondly, Adriana is so messy and I love it. "Eet's BEEG and eets THICK!" Larsa clammed right up as soon as she heard that. Which says to me that the Kardashians likely had her sign some kind of NDA when their friendship went south. Because relationships with the Kardashians are contractual and transactional, and because they are like the Mafia and demand omerta!

Rumors say that Larsa was dating Tristan Thompson first, brought him to a Kardashian gathering, Khloe made a beeline for him, and a few days later, Khloe & Tristan were a kouple. And Larsa had to go because she reminded Khloe that Tristan had been her bf first. Given how crazily territorial Khloe is about that cheating buffoon, this is a plausible-sounding explanation. Another reason might be that Larsa saw Kanye at his worst and said something and, at the time, that was a no-no. So buh-bye. Whatever the reason, I love how Adriana is trying to squeeze it out of Larsa.

Edited by Cat

• Members

@Cat I've always been intrigued by the alliances and interactions that occur beneath the surface. 

Budget Coven is a tight trio, but I do notice Delores/Marge are pretty close (Delores even saying she'd marry Joe if Marge went before him).  So maybe Delores sides with Marge over Jennifer because of the friendship?

Jackie and Jennifer have always fascinated me...they seem more like frienimies then enemies or friends.  I view them like Jo/Blair from Facts of life.  They'll shade one another, but if one is attacked..the other will defend them.  

• Members

@Cat

Please register in order to view this content

Now, I knew the Dolores and Marge were quite close outside of the show...but Dolores seems to be heavily connected to everyone...like Tamra on OC without the schemer side to her. But to have worked for Tequila Bill????? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo...!!!

Yasss!!!! Gia's look was EVERYTHING. A lot of what you said about the history (because I did regularly start watching NJ until post jail and was a spotty viewer otherwise) has been easily out there online so some of that I knew. I can only assume that most don't know because Melissa and Joey are very well shielded by Production. Another reason I want to watch ALL STARS (next week for me finally) because it seems Melissa and Teresa are shown for who they are, not what Production wants them to be...fourth wall gone. 

Yeah, I like that Jackie is coming across VERY well this season, but I still side-eye it for now. But I do believe Jackie and Jennifer are quite close outside the show as well. Especially due to their kids getting along. 

@Soaplovers while the last two episodes have mostly been meh. I'm still enjoying OC this season. I just feel that break killed any momentum they had at the start. I mean Heather's return definitely drove things in a particular direction. Even Noella vs Heather that is growing had some bit before the cast trip and the start of said trip. And now that we are mid-season (?), the action has stalled or gotten muddled. 

PS. Love the Jo/Blair comparison.

@DemetriKane yeah, the finale for RHOA apparently sound like it was buzzworthy.

And even DeShawn from SEASON ONE was there living her best life. It was some tea about an OG appearing so I guess that was about her. Things to make you go hmmmm

BH

Season 12 is done filming. 

• Members

I LOLed at that part. Melissa and Teresa were hovering like two nervous sparrows in case Gia said something that embarrasses them, and she was like "Back off, we can handle this."

@Soaplovers @Taoboi Yeah, last year Dolores and Marge got interviewed by Danny Pellegrino on his podcast. M & D clearly got along well, and hang in the off-season, too. Marge especially couldn't stop gushing about Dolores. The interview was also where Dolores said she'd worked for Dr. Bill at his practice! I rewound that part to hear it again because I thought my ears deceived me. She didn't say anything bad about him at all, and may even have recommended him and Jennifer to the production company.

@DemetriKane So the RHOA tea I heard was that Peacock may be doing a RHUGT 3 -- featuring the S1 cast of RHOA! DeShawn, Lisa Wu, Kim Z, Sheree and Nene. It's just a rumor on social media for now, but having DeShawn show up at Sheree's event makes me go Hmmmmmm....

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

That is just juicy tea.

And ooooo at Peacock. Well, we all know Season 2 of AS is going to be a mess. How do you top it? Stage a reunion with girls who have not been together in almost 20 years. And Nene would be THE get given her fallout with Andy. Ratings would be PEAK HARD after Season 2.

• Members

Regardless of how bad the fallout was, there is no denying that Nene really is #1 of the Housewives and put outside viewers on notice of what RH could be...good fun!!! She has a meme and/or gif for just about anything and so many people that don't watch RHOA at all quote her. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Petridish is the most annoying, but her impromptu dance performance at her winter wonderland party is a Don't Miss! 

Gamble is fun this season, but wait to see how the seasons progress with her and Giner.... I think Giner saw through some of her games.

There is literally a Nene quote in life for everything... What is dis, hunny... So nasty and so rude!... You never can win when you play dirty, hunny.... I SAID WHAT I SAID... We see each UH THUH! Close your legs to married men! Where is your scooter??

I could go on but I won't! Except to say her reaction to Phaedra's due date remains GOLD.

Edited by Cat