AMC: Tuesday March 9, 2010

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From Madison Avenue to Melrose, they probably had this *great* idea to inject Erica's wardrobe with pieces from funky L.A. boutiques when we're used to seeing her in stuff from Manhattan department stores like Saks, Bloomingdale's, and Bergdorf's.

Marissa is such a wet blanket, I cut on the TV sometime into the show and within seconds I was rolling my eyes at her first line, she just sucks the energy out of the room. I don't understand the appeal of such a character. And I don't just blame the actor, she's being written and maybe even directed this way and a recast with a little more *pop* is probably futile as they aren't interested in seeing Marissa have any charisma. I guess they're trying to contrast her to Babe, but it ain't workin' for me. She seems like the kind of nice, loyal girl who appeals to the Dixie in J.R. but who the Adam in J.R. will dump in a second once he's healthy and back on the horse and some hot little thang catches his eye.

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised if a brunette Alexa Havins doesn't show up on AMC before 2010 is over....others have suggested that. I doubt it would do anything to save the character either. It all depends of course on whether Y&R snatches her up first to play a 20 something Delia.

• Members

I feel like I watched Alexa age before my eyes, they worked that girl to death. Too good for daytime? Absolutely not. Extremely reticent after her last grueling experience? I can get with that.

• Members

Yeah, but even Beverlee McKinsey wasn't above admitting that she was tired and overworked. These shows often ignore the human element and are more concerned with driving those big stories for ratings and dollars. I don't have to tell you that acting is like no other job in the world and having to cry and be a mess for damn near 5 days a week for 52 weeks straight is nothing to sneeze at. She deserved her break, and if she isn't ready or willing to jump back on that horse, then more power to her. Lord knows there are plenty of young actresses waiting in the wings.

• Members

Unfortunately, Ryan has incompetent police chief Jesse on his side. If Greenlee got a restraining order, he probably would order his force not to respond to the call.

Yeah, when Jesse was telling Angie about it today, I half expected her to laugh and point that out to him.

Add me to the bandwagon of those who loved David in the priest outfit; he looked hot today!

Archived