December 19-23, 2005

Toups

• Members

I still think Frons and Frank are the problems with the show. I can't watch Jessica and Antonio. They make me ill. I'm delighted the ratings showed that Tuesday and Wednesday -- the Java big love days -- were a bust. The Vegas are Frank's faves. I don't blame Higley for that.

i've said it before. The stories that Higley does well are excellent. Tess/Nash, DID, the Daniel story, the return of Clint. Her bad stories are as bad as any the show has ever had. The prison riot, the KCM, and first and foremost Mad Mags are examples of those stories. I won't blame her for Java. Although I do blame her for allowing them to turn the DID story into the Antonio hour. The spoilers now only mention Antonio. It's gotten that bad.

The problem with OLTL is it is losing its base. The falloff started in the summer when there was three constant months of John McBain with every other character showing up only sporadically. I think that is why Tess and Nash were such a hit. They weren't Java and they were fun when everything else on the show was just doom and gloom. Then we hit the 30 days of the prison riot, which was a total and complete bust. So Higley needs to do something with the Buchanans now that Clint is back. And she better do it very well or this show is in real trouble. It needs those longtime viewers that took a walk in June. If you look at the ratings, they didn't turn the television off. They turned the channel. OLTL would be well-served to get those viewers to turn away from ATWT and Days and come back home. Days is bring back fan favorites and showcasing them. OLTL, IMO, should write a very good and very high profile story for the Buchanans, Cramers and get its base back.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree, I have enjoyed alot of Dena's work immensely, emmy worthy stuff but the faux-cristian s/l, drawn out mad mags misery and this priso riot and re-introduction of the real Cristian I have absolutely hated... the latter which is why I am not as into OLTL right now as I was. Oh I couldn't agree more about Jess and Antonio, vomit inducing. TESS AND NASH!!!!!!!

Archived