GH: New opening credits online

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's probably just my generally February-esque mood today but I'm not feeling opening credits with people posing in front of CGI backgrounds. In the past I was fine with them (hello Dynasty, Sunset Beach etc) but I'm thinking now that Sylph's call for a simple concept opening like Lost is maybe the way to go. Heck, at least with Lost, the sinking underwater feel and expressive music says everything that needs to be said in 10 seconds. True Blood's opening is a lot longer but the music and montage are really representative of the show.

And even when GH moved away from the hospital to spies under Gloria Monty, that opening with the screeching ambulance and 70s theme just fit.

• Members

While the concept is a step up, the music is even worse paired with these visuals. I feel it is too up tempo and should have been remixed or scored completely differently. I like that it takes us back to Faces of the Heart in terms of style and its nice to see the hospital featured throughout.

I grade this a B-..... I hope they change the music later on.

I'll be interested to see if AMC and OLTL follow suit.

• Members

Thank you. :) I could live with people posing in front of horses running, staircases in gargantuan mansions... Like in Verbotene Liebe, but over some cheap CG imagery — no, not really. I kind of like VL's opening — minus the song, just atrocious — but at times it verges on kitschy.

So a title card or some short 15-second, 30-second graphics, spooky & sinister, with some kind of a bang (literal or figurative) in the end that takes you by surprise — I think that's just what suits GH.

Taste does not depend on money.

• Members

I'm watching it again and I guess it really pained whoever put it together since if you seriously blink you missed Sonya E. It's like they had to put her up because she's on contract. Jason Cook's picture was thrust forwarded before her name even faded. Jeez.

Ingo looks constipated and Kelly is trying too hard to be sexy. BA looks incredibly goofy. I guess he's trying to keep in character...

Sigh. Overall it's an improvement from the last one.

• Members

I just don't like how a lot of the shots lack motion/movement. All of the close up shots, as well as Kelly Monaco's, have barely any facial expression and no movement whatsoever. The best shots, for me, are Lisa Locicero's, Jane Elliot's, Kirsten Storms' (although her hair needs fixed) and Tony Geary's second shot. The rest are all too close up for my liking. I am tempted to experiment with this opening when a full HD version of it emerges, maybe edit it with some of the older shots and maybe new background graphics...

• Members

I'm not sure if I like it. It kind of looks like a watered down version of an opening you'd see for one of the foreign soaps. The tacky ass lens flares aren't helping(damn you JJ Abrams and Andrew Krammer for making that s.hit popular again!). I do like most of the shots(especially LW's!) and the background images of PC that mostly came from GH: Nightshift. And it's definitely better than the last opening.

• Members

*ahem*

<br />

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<br />

/shamelessplug

Just to show how it doesn't take huge video editing suites to produce something half decent.

Archived