OLTL: Dorian/Adriana question

• Members

I think some of the Victor 80s material manages to be strong while not being too cartoonish. The confrontation Viki has with him in "Heaven" is fabulously acted and the writing isn't too bad either.

The later Eterna stuff and Megan is another story.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought starship heaven was pretty, though some of those sound effects were straight cheese. *zap!* *twee-twee-twee-twee-twee* *pyew-pyew-pyew* *twirrrrllll*

Les Tremayne, heaven Victor, also subbed for David Lewis as Edward on GH.

• Members

Between Space Heaven and Eterna I'm convinced Rauch wanted to really send the cast into outer space but couldn't quite justify something that outrageous so made substitutions. :P I dunno, I guess that's why it bugs me--I'm not a big Heaven believer anyway but no way does it look like a weird outer space white robed cult. (Not that the low budget Heaven Ava went to on Loving around 1991 was much better, but...)

• Members

I didn't like AMC's garden party heaven either. Travis never would have worn a hat like that. And OLTL's 40th anniversary mid-rise office building heaven was pretty weak too, though Erin Torpey never looked more beautiful.

Eric, I really think you are on to something with Rauch taking the show to space if he could have.

• Members

I didn't know he did Heaven on GL as well LOL. The Loving/Ava Heaven was obviously kinda a hommage to OLTL's (you could tell they knew people would get the parallel) but was all sorta pinks and pastels--and was a tiny set. To be fair she only saw a couple of past characters (I have it on tape somewhere, must investigate).

ANd yes AMC's garden party heaven stunk, as nice as it was to see Natalie and Harold (and Jesse--did we see anyone else besides Gillian?) but that whole era under Passanante solo was so wrretched I'll hardly give it credit--at least seeing Natalie and Harold (!) were highlights in an awful time. Oh right and Travis!

OLTL's 40th Heaven was weak, yes, and weird--I dunno if I like the idea of Heaven as an elevator in an office building.

I dunno, those weird end credits for Eterna really made me think Rauch was trying to make it completely outer space--like ideally he woulda had Eterna be some secret colony on the Moon or something...

• Members

I woulda just sent them into space. The Buchanans fund a private space research expedition and somehow everyone gets stuck onboard with Mitch Laurence. If any show could've pulled that off it was '80s OLTL.

God, I'd almost do that today. What does that say about me as a human being?

Archived