OLTL: Dorian/Adriana question

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Count me in as a fan of Viki killing Victor/Victor being a molester. (Ok, I'm not a "fan" of molestation but I think the retcon works well for Viki and Dorian) It appears that Ron and Frank are going with that explanation and have written 2003 Victor off as an impostor.

Do you think they will revisit the "imposter" thing further, or do you think Dorian's comments in the wine cellar put that issue to rest?

• Members

Yep. Or - and I know this sounds crazy, but go with me on this one - or "Niki" is, in fact, Viki's long-lost twin sister. You know how they say twins share an almost psychic connection? It's possible, just possible, Viki had a twin who either died at birth, or was mistakenly given to another couple. Viki never knew of her existence, of course, but given her fractured relationship with her father, she always needed a "big sister" to protect her. "Niki," for all intents and purposes, was that big sister.

But I'm willing to go along with the latter, b/c you could suggest so much more about Victor and Viki's relationship on these terms than to say, simply, that Victor molested her, and thus, her weird attachment to him while he was alive. Anyone who still remembers Mac and Iris' twisted father/daughter dynamic on ANOTHER WORLD knows what I'm talking about.

No, I'm afraid, Meredith is still dead. We saw her die on-screen. You can't violate what we saw on-screen (Mitch Laurence be damned).

• Members

I've heard about cases, (they did this on Nip/Tuck lol)where some body parts of the twin fetus imparted themselves inside the twin that lived. I think something like that can be taken into consideration

Well I have seen many summaries that claim, when Eugenia fell down the stairs, thus forcing her to give birth to Meredith, Victor let her die because he assumed she was having an affair and that Merrie was not his child. If Viki saw him let her die, I think this would be a magnificent route for Niki to appear etc ...

• Members

Interesting stuff guys, and thanks for sharing Khan, you make a good argument. I know you aren't a big fan of the DID s/l. I just liked it so much because, well, it was just so darn good. But I won't argue that Victor's character has been totally (and yes, even unfairly) assassinated and I'd probably be more indignant about it had I watched during those early years. Victor really "took one for the team."

• Members

I wonder how far back the circumstances of Eugenia's death go. I'm almost positive that Merrie being a frail premie whose mother died during childbirth was established from the beginning, but was the fall down the stairs? And when did the suspicions of Eugenia having cheated come about? I'm wondering if that all came out when Tony showed up because Tony's mother was Eugenia's sister, Tony was Viki's brother AND first cousin. I'm thinking Victor cheated then as some sort of excuse for Eugenia's infidelity. It's hard to keep track of what's original and retcon. :wacko:

• Members

Watching Dorian's goodbye scenes from that link was a trip. First of all, Ol' Bug Eyes from Y&R is in them! Secondly, is that Carlotta's old diner that Dorian goes to about midway through the clip? And finally, what is that grand, elaborate restaurant they're in at the end? The production values were so much higher back then: bigger, more detailed sets...but today's episodes are better filmed (thanks to the advancement in technology).

• Members

That's weird. That site's been up for at least two or three years, maybe it's like that other OLTL history site where the server only allows it x amount of hits per day? I hope RS didn't get wind of it and order a cease and desist like with the person who was putting her hotline online. :P J/K. But actually that site looks a lot like the video page on Robin's own site so I always wondered if they were somehow affiliated.

Eric, but you know that Carlotta did appear on a dayplayer basis before Pat Mauceri took over and the role was expanded. She was a petite round actress. I think it was VickRobCal on YoutTube who had a clip. Until I saw it I thought it was maybe my mom's imagination, she swore she'd seen Carlotta before and she was right.

• Members

There is a scene I saw somewhere on Youtube a little while back that showed Dorian at her penthouse and she was angry that someone had put up the Christmas decorations. She yelled for Carlotta (a different actress) to ask her why the X-mas stuff was up. Carlotta told her that she was just doing what they did every year. Dorian told her to take them down, but Carlotta said that she she couldn't because she was off the clock now and going to go spend time with her daughter.

Archived