OLTL: Dorian/Adriana question

• Members

I have some questions that darn Wikipedia just can't answer!

So Robin Strasser left the show in 1987. Was she written out as leaving Llanview to stay in Mendorra as Ambassador?

Elaine Princi took over the role in 1989. Was Adriana conceived and born during that two-year period in which Dorian was not on the canvas?

Thanks a bunch!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, Robin's exit story was that Dorian would be moving to Mendorra to take over the U.S. ambassadorship. You can watch clips of her final scenes here: http://www.dorianvideos.com/80s.html

Adriana was born during Dorian's time off the canvas in Mendorra, before our first scenes with Elaine Princi in the role. Of course this is all retcon, we didn't even know that Adriana existed until 2003.

• Members

Adriana's father is Manuel Santi, the brother of Dorian's former maid, Carlota. She gave Adriana to Carlota who gave her to some relatives in Puerto Rico. She was raised as a cousin to the Vega family and Carlota's god-daughter, not knowing anything about her connection to Dorian till she was a teen

• Members

Someone remind me how the devil they retconned Dorian knowing Carlotta back then. :wacko: I thought Carlotta didn't appear until Robin's second stint (a different actress before Pat Mauceri). Did they try to say that Carlotta was Dorian's maid in Mendorra? I wasn't watching during the late '80s so I'm not sure if Carlotta was Dorian's unseen maid back then, but I think the whole "Carrr-LOH-taaa??" thing started in the '90s.

• Members

I know, isn't it weird? And to see her and Viki HUG. It's strange to watch a scene like that or even Viki's first scene with Dorian when Elaine Princi took over and think about how awful things got between them with Lord of the Banner/DID. I mean, Viki put this woman on death row for goodness' sake. Crazy.

• Members

I think for whatever reason Rauch had no interest in a Dorian/Viki feud. Even when he brought Dorian back EP's Dorian and Viki were relatively friendly.

I have to admit that unless the feud is very well-written and complex, like it was from 93-95, I would prefer them to be friendlier with each other. I think having them hate each other just for the sake of hating each other does the characters no favors. Viki being angrier with Charlie being involved with Dorian than with Mitch -- why? That whole story with Dorian having to grovel to Viki for Langston's sake. Viki's general distance towards the Cramer family these days. Or back when Dorian wrote her tell-all book and proceeded to tell tasteless jokes about Viki's DID even though she saw all that Viki went through more than anyone and she was very sympathetic to her for much of that time.

Archived