OLTL: Dorian/Adriana question

• Members

Dorian was a doctor at the hospital and she was involved in the death of a patient. The board voted to take away her medical license. Dorian erroneously believed that Viki had cast the deciding vote against her, when actually, Viki had voted for Dorian to stay on at the hospital. From then on Dorian wanted Viki to pay. That's when Dorian began nursing Victor Lord.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dorian and Viki settled it in 2003 after their plane crash in Saranac; Viki looked at Dorian and said, "oh, Dorian, actually I voted for you to keep your license!" Cut to Dorian's shocked face and then COMMERCIAL. Then at the end of the show they cut back to them: "I'm so glad we had this talk, Viki!" The medical board issue was the seed of Dorian and Viki's feud for thirtysomething years; it was beyond incompetent and amateurish for the Malone/Griffith team to leave the big reveal and subsequent discussion on the cutting room floor.

• Members

No, it was after they were rescued and got back to Llanview. This horribly truncated scene led to about a year of Dorian/Viki detente and somewhat bitchy "friendship" which was fun, until Dena Higley swooped in and wrote the retarded "Dorian forges Viki's checks" story to reignite the feud over something so stupid while also getting Dorian out of the hospital, where she was thriving.

• Members

What type of stories did she have back at the hospital? The only one I remember is when Viki got Ben's heart. I wish they could take Dorian back there. When Dorian started helping Lowell's campaign she said her reason was so that she could get her position back at the hospital. I think there's some real potential, especially since there are so many potentially isolated characters (Kyle, Greg, Marty) working there.

• Members

She was also involved in Michael and Marcie's silly "Rear Window" (or as I called it, "Rear Medevac") caper which was tied into the baby switch - Michael was in the hospital laid up from an injury and kept spotting Paul Cramer and another doctor on staff conspiring on the helipad on the opposing rooftop; Paul and the doctor were involved in an organ theft scam in which Paul used the hospital's medevac chopper to ferry the stolen goods from place to place. Marcie, Michael and eventually Dorian got in on the fun to nail these guys, which of course was tied into Paul having used the same medevac to steal Babe's child for Kelly.

As with so much of Malone II, I liked the idea of the Rear Window story but it amounted to very little onscreen and was in the service of a number of other either bad or half-baked larger stories - the baby switch, David Tom's caricaturized Paul Cramer, and finally the horrid John/Natalie/Paul triangle which involved the terrible Kathy Tong as Kathryn Fitzgerald (the female "spoiler" for John/Nat before she was canned for Evangeline) and a series of horrific episodes focused solely on Roxy's hotel and Kay/Kyle, two twin assassins in leather and Matrix gear who finished each other's sentences.

Malone was right to put Dorian back at the hospital but did too little with her, and it was a huge opportunity wasted. I wish she'd go back there today but I like her as mayor as well.

• Members

I agree. I think Dorian should go back and work at the hospital. I could see a great type of hospital setting with Marty/Fish/Schuyler/Dorian etc. all working there.

I think Dorian is often most interesting when she interacts with people OUTSIDE of her family, because when her scenes only consist of her and Llangston or Starr, they are mega boring. I do enjoy Blair/Dorian scenes, though.

Archived