OLTL: Dorian/Adriana question

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's that scene with Carlotta numero uno:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I prefer this penthouse to La Boulaie.

• Members

Yeah I think it is one of those sites that drops out after too much bandwidth (which is so 2005 of it to do :P ).

And no, I had no idea... Last time I trust Gerard J. Waggett and his Soap Encyclopedia (which is basically just an unaknowledged update of Schemering's anyway :P ). <_< But Vicki's maid hasn't been seen, right?

• Members

Kim, the kids' Nanny has been seen often, yes. In one of those secret room clips Dorian says something to Viki about "instructing the servants" and Viki snaps that Kim isn't a servant but a member of the household.

And we've seen Lois, right? She's the one who now watches Bree. And Viki had a butler, Henderson? I'm not sure which seen/unseen maid we're referring to.

On Loving, the Aldens' butler was Lenox, I always liked that name. :P

• Members

See, I find it much much more ludicrous to have Victor become this over the top evil genius type mastermind (Eterna, etc) and much more of an insult to character. Any of us who have had experience with friends or family who have been molested, knows that very very very rarely does anyone outside the family dynamic see any of the signs. It makes perfect sense IMHO that we didn't see it actually happen on the soap (or directly implied) yet it did. Much more than him building underground cities, etc.

It was Lois, I didn't remember seeing her... Hrmm

• Members

I agree with that too. I was getting at that in another earlier post, saying that the s/l was dark and powerful for me as a viewer as I watched the DID stuff play out and I got my backstory from my mother who was a firsthand witness of Victor and his girls back in the '60s/'70s. I remember my "aha moment" when my mom told me that Victor had actually been a character on the show, I just assumed he'd always been dead. But I wasn't thinking of him as this Super Friends villain who had his daughter hypnotized to forget her own baby or anything. I mean, my mom mentioned that he was a philanderer and had syphllis, but at that point I didn't realize all of that came in the '80s with Tina and Irene and such. I think if you sort of mentally subtract Victor's depiction during the '80s and you look at who he was living and who he was dead in the Lord of the Banner/DID era, the whole story is all the more powerful and disturbing. The '80s (and 2003!) push him more towards that cartoonish Mitch Lawrence crap they're pulling now.

• Members

Agreed, and I like Victor that way actually--it works better for me (but it's no secret that I prefer the less campy OLTL). Why Malone himself (and Griffith of course) went back to camp Victor I shall never know (were they still playing out stories they had planned for 13 Bourbon Street like some claim Malone was at AW? :P I guess if they had stuck around longer we might have started getting some voodoo witches).

The 80s Victor is more in line with that evil Doctor who had Larry implanted with a remote control device or whatever. (I had no idea he had syphilis! Really!? that came up?)

• Members

Yeah, I've never seen it mentioned anywhere in print, but I trust my mom's memory and I'm thinking it could have been a whopper of a throwaway line that she just always remembered... like when you or I hear a character's address. :D

Archived