AMC: Actor to depart

• Members

I'd love that idea and it would give me a reason to watch OLTL again. I kind of feel though David Canary will retire permanently from acting with this move. As others have said, he is in a comfortable financial situation in order to do that, and he is getting older. I have noticed over the last year or so he has aged quite a bit and also notice he does have a hard time with some lines. That has been happening for the last few years.

I am grateful for what he has given me as an AMC fan all of these years. No matter how bad the show was, I could always count on David Canary and his character of Adam Chandler to keep me interested. A true icon.

The show will never be the same.

I hope he recieves an emmy nomination this year. Not just because it will probably be the last time he could, but he was amazing during Stuart's murder storyline. As much as I hated it (and probably DC hated it even more), he really was able to rise above it and shine like he always has. It would be the perfect cap to an amazing career. If no regular emmy, maybe a Lifetime Achievement award. He deserves everything they give him and more!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know who it refers to (although I have my guesses) but I'm just going back to what SOD reported last year that "more than a couple" of stars on the LA-bound cast list were not going to stick around for very long. And I don't think they were talking about Brittany Allens and Adam Mayfields on the cast who would be damn fools to leave.

• Members

Pure speculation ahead (some educated, some just opinion):

- I don't think there's anyway in he-double hockey sticks Vincent is leaving the show. Pratt and Broderick both work him as if he was a hot 20/30-year old in Frons land, he's been front-burner consistently since his return. Just got in some of the spoilers for the first half of March and LB is on David like cheese is on ham (or like Frons is on Rylee, lol).

- I also don't think the JHC radio interview is something that really happened (I apologize to the person if they prove me wrong). The person hasn't provided any evidence this interview really happened. So I think AM's status remains the same. She'll give L.A. a try. I do think SOD was plugging her as one of the actors that was not a sure thing to stay with the show long-term correlating with the L.A. move.

- Lucci. My pure speculation is her role will begin to start to diminish significantly after they settle into L.A. She makes no qualms that her home is in NY. I think at this point they're shooting around Lucci's schedule (one week working, two weeks off) and they're not going to do that long term. I don't think that's something either Lucci or the show thinks is a plausible long-term situation.

- David Canary is leaving, unfortunately, and he's the biggest loss they could have after Lucci. He comes with a core family with no heir apparent.

- Debbie Morgan and Darnell Williams. I feel they (or one or the other) could end up being long-term question marks as well.

• Members

Good point that I did want to bring up, but I'm looking at it this way: VI is coming off almost two years front-burner (a favorite of two writers), an Emmy win. It's got to be a huge high. I think he'd probably sign a new 2 year contract right now with a little sweet talk from the new set of writers.

On The View, I felt like he wasn't really weighing leaving AMC as much as he was weighing moving from NY perm. I fully admit hat's just interpretation that may be completely wrong, maybe the coastal issue is big for him.

• Members

I don't know what happened BTS with VI and the rumored GL talks, but it probably had more to do with GL's budget and AMC snatching him up first moreso than Kreizman having any beef against him. Besides, we all know that Ellen was wearing the pants on that show.

But that brings me to another point. Here we have a show undergoing a massive foundational shift in terms of its characters and families and who do they bring in to try to make it work in the longterm? Kreizman. Because GL was SUCH a shining example of his work at innovating another floundering show... They need to beg Lorraine to stay on, even as a co-HW. That is what Davey desperately needs. A strong co-HW with veto authority and a knowledge of the show's foundation. Only then will it work.

• Members

My responses. ALL speculation based on nothing:

- I agree with you on VI.

- Radio interview or no, I think AM is out, at least for now. As much as I red-hot loathe Kendall, AM has been one of the hardest working actresses in soaps. I see her taking some time to be a mom AND see what happens to AMC. If the show does well, I could easily see a Kendall return.

- I also agree with you on SuLu. I believe that she loves AMC and that love will carry her for a long time but unless something drastic happens, she's working on an exit strategy

- DC is history and that sucks but he's more than earned the right to walk away. If he leaves with Brooke that will be the most satisfying thing AMC has done in years. I hope, wish and pray they can talk Robin Christopher into returning. Skye is the most "Adam-like" of Adam's kids . IMO, JR needs to be recast. JY just isn't the actor to carry the Chandler Clan and Colby is too young. Also Skye vs. Annie would be wild fun.

- Debbie and Darnell are history unless they get a serious, meaty frontburner story with Cornelius following them when his contract is up.

Archived