AMC: Actor to depart

• Members

Yup. Her face was like "Does that guy have no human decency?"

I hope she doesn't get in trouble for this. The magazines appear to have been sworn to secrecy about Canary's leaving. I mean they have to know. But other than Hinsey's posting on her Facebook page I haven't seen anything in the magazines about it.

You could tell as soon as Agnes said it that she realized she wasn't supposed to, but the interviewer told her that it was already "out there"...which was only sort of true.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with you to a certain extent, but I believe its been quite clear for the past 3 years or so AMC won't be around for its 45th anniversary. I don't think this will really make all that much of a difference. It will just be a little harder to watch it now in its final years. At least they didn't fire him.

David Canary contributed so much to daytime television and television in general. He has had an amazing career and is a household name as Adam Chandler. Even non-soap watchers probably recognize the name Adam Chandler. Its a huge loss. I hope once its all over David does a big interview and we learn the whole story.

The rumours of him quitting first surfaced a year ago when there was that blurb about him forgetting his lines.... and then of course it was long suspected Stuart's murder was orchestrated to get the ball rolling towards his eventual exit.

• Members

As much as I love David Canary and his work as Adam and Stuart, they have been phasing him out of the show for years. I think they can go on without him. The problem is there are so few strong characters on the show, and I do wonder what will happen over time without them. Even Adam has not been the same in recent years. I think they should continue to bring back some past favorites while trying to build up present and future characters.

• Members

I hope Carolyn Hinsey's report that the show wasn't going to kill him off, is true. I will feel more better about this, if so...I'm glad there was build up to this, or else it would have been harder to take if it was just randomly thrown at us. Wow Adam is the last man of his age to be on the show, the oldest person after he leaves I guess would be...Jackson? This isn't good at all :\

• Members

Actually, from what I heard (and I know most people don't believe me because I won't say who exactly told me this, but I'll say it anyway), ABC would not release him from his contract and they came to an agreement that with the move, ABC would pay for all of his airfare and his accommodations. The reason why DC hasn't spoken about this is because ABC has him under a gag order. DC hates LA and would much rather be back on the east coast.

• Members

True on all accounts. I wonder if DC would be open to doing a month a year until the end, some Adam would be better than no Adam. The thought of never seeing DC/Adam on AMC again is not something I can even begin to imagine.

If he tapes until the end of March, there's a chance he could air into even May.

Although it would be lovely if Adam left with the love of his life Brooke, he departure makes me want Barr to stay even more than I did before. There's Erica and Adam on this show, then there Brooke, Tad, etc. The show needs to keep Brooke, that's my opinion at least. I'd cast a good older actor in the role of Ross Chandler as well.

Archived