AMC: Actor to depart

• Members

Well I am glad official "word" came from David Canary himself about this. I am excited to see him finish off his stint hand in hand with Julia Barr. I just hope its done right, and not 100% dealing with this long lost son business being discussed in another spoiler thread. Its all been said before, but Bravo David Canary and thank you for 27 years of daytime acting at its finest. No one can fill your's or Adam Chandler's shoes.

It will be fun to see Annie go down, she never belonged in that house anyway.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Only if he's recast.

But forget all that. I actually think that statement sounds very much like DC: classy, generous and positive to a fault. I wish there was something fans could do as a thank you to him. A charity we could give to in his honor or a web page where we could post statements and memories.

Hmmm....

• Members

I really think Jacob Young can do it. I just think the show needs to get rid of Eunissa, first. She's whats holding him back. I'm tired of watching this whiney, sloth JR. I know he has cancer, but Marissa is making him EXTRA boring and is dragging him down! No way would JR be as bland as this, if Boreissa weren't in the equation at all.

• Members

There was once upon a time I would have had faith in Jacob Young to take such a lead role, but that's gone now. He's been phoning it in for a while now...

The Chandler family IMO will be dead with David Canary/Adam gone. Something that could save it or at least keep it going would be to bring back Skye/Robin Christopher. She is the most Adam like. I'd love to see Skye come in and run Chandler Enterprises.... love to see her and Annie face off.

Sadly, either Robin has washed her hands of ABC... or ABC has washed their hands of her....

I don't blame her, but what the hell is wrong with them? Robin Christopher was wasted for the last few years of her GH run, her OLTL run was a complete waste of time. ABC, BRING SKYE HOME!

• Members

All the soaps are racist. The problem is your definition only applies to a single actress, and certainly not Daphnee Duplaix. If she was still there, you'd still be calling it the most racist soap on television for not employing America's favorite backup singer.

• Members

I'm glad that David put out a farewell statement. He has lots of fans would will appreciate it. I am very pleased that Adam gets a happy ending. However, I doubt we will see him again other than in AMC's final episode in a couple years.

I think that JR as the Chandler patriarch can rejuvenate the character providing he divorces Marissa. JR was following in Adam's shoes very nicely up until Babe came along and ruined him. Jacob Young can play ruthless with vulnerability. He just needs to regain his enthusiasm.

Archived