AMC: Actor to depart

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really don't think he is interested in that. He definitely has enough money to live the rest of his life with his wife quite comfortably. He doesn't like LA and he hasn't been happy with AMC for quite sometime.

That's possible. But all I heard was he tapes until March, not sure if it's the beginning, middle or end, so just depending on when that is will dictate his exit.

• Members

I don't know the specifics of TK, but IMO at the end of the day, DC is more valuable to the canvas of AMC than TK. Also, Kaye was definitely rather vocal about the move and his stance with the situation, and then there was AM's maternity leave and such. Also, Adam is tied to more characters in his current storyline than the other two so it must have made it easier at the time of their exit to write them out. And, IMO, I think the majority of viewers think of a character like Adam as a core of this shows foundation as opposed to the overplayed, played out Zach and Kendall. I think that once Adam is gone, there will be a serious whole in this show that will not be easy to repair.

• Members

To be fair though... Can't that be said of nearly all the soaps still on air? AMC still has a fairly good record of having children of these characters, or related to on the air.

They should have a new promo... "We just welcome you home to the AMC you loved... Now get ready to close the door on one of the main reasons you loved that AMC. AMC, leave and stay away." ;)

• Members

This is really dispiriting. I tend to watch a show for the ensemble and not just one actor, but David Canary makes it worth my while every time I tune into AMC. As CSF said, there will be a hole left behind. I can only hope that if he stays in NYC that OLTL consider snapping him up as Adam Chandler and bring on Robin Christopher as Skye -- and immediately put them in story with Dorian and David.

Archived