AMC: Actor to depart

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

David had a nice career prior to AMC and even better on on AMC. He brought years of entertainment. I have enjoyed loving and hating Adam through the years. I wish him the best as he moves forward in this new exciting chapter of his life. He is a talented actor which cannot be denied.

• Members

Not shocking. There has been build up to this for well over a year now. It still doesn't make it sting any less. David Canary, next to Susan Lucci of course, is the most recognizable face this show has ever had. The character of Adam Chandler is probably the most epic male character the show ahs ever had. The void will never be replaced. I only hope his exit storyline does the character and the fans justice. I wonder how long it is before he is gone :(

• Members

I am glad though finally a vet is leaving on their own accord. I am sure Frons doesn't really care, he's wanted Canary gone since the first day he got here, but I am glad he didn't succeed in getting rid of him the way he wanted to. I will be more torn up about this during his final weeks. Adam is just one of those characters you got so used to seeing, you don't expect him to go. Such talent.... the show will never be the same.

• Members

I can really feel the emotional fan in me grasping at straws, trying to keep some sort of sense that I'm still watching the same AMC that my family has so loved and invested in over the years. So sad to see him go. :( But I am so thankful for his contribution, Adam is without question seconded only to Erica. In Adam's loss, I really hope the show will beef up the presence and strengthen the storylines of vets like Angie, Jesse, and Tad.

• Members

Rusty is the security guard at the front door. I am so glad that she shared that story!

You know, she has gotten choked up every time I've heard her recount that story. I think it's beautiful that it remains so palpapble for her.

• Members

My guess is they will try and bring on an "Adam" like character played by a relatively big name actor in daytime to fill the void, but it will fail MISERABLY. Maybe with David and Donna around, they will try and get a part for Ron Raines....

Agnes looked PISSED when she was talking about that. As if she was thinking about Brian what we've all thought for sometime now. At least Julie had the decency to tell Agnes prior.

Archived