AMC: Actor to depart

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That poster made one post after she posted that thread, then bolted and still has yet to come back, so...maybe it isn't true. I sure hope it isn't.

"at least for now" is exactly right. If I'm not mistaken, Alicia's maternity leave was extended until the summer of 2010...quite a lot of time (since she gave birth in November) to embrace motherhood and contemplate on staying with AMC as it's in LA, after her contract expires..

• Members

Unfortunately, I think that you are right about Cornelius. The groundwork is laid for a Madison/Frankie/Randi triangle, but it seems to have been put on hold. Frankie has not had a scene with Madison in a long time and he isn't doing much else. African American males have always had a tough time on the soaps, especially the ABC soaps.

• Members

Cornelius is the type of actor that I've always felt should "do his two" (contract cycles) and get out of soaps. He's talented, grounded, has a great range, willing to take risks and hella hot. He should follow in the footsteps of Dumahael(sp?), Fillion, Tuck and Forbes and strike now.

AMC would've done well to use some of the time and energy bringing us the trials of Randi and Gush Pine Valley to expand the relationship between Frankie and Taylor even outside of Brot. Then when BrotTay failed (because he's no Shakespeare) they could still have been a trio of friends ready to absorb Jake. I continue to hope that AMC saves Daphnee Duplaix from her purgatory as OLTL's Rachel and make her the new Randi.

• Members

Long-running, popular black heroine with substantial ties to the canvas or ex-prostitute despised by the audience. Which role would I choose? Cue Jeopardy! theme.

As to other issues, I do believe Lucci is easing her way out, annoyed by the move and I've heard that's exactly what Frons wants for her and DC. He's too much of an idiot to realize this soap does not have a prayer with either of them leaving "before their time." You might be able to salvage it DAYS-style, in a hollowed-out, crippled fashion, by centering the show around, say, Tad and Dixie and Angie and Jesse, but while those are great characters, this show losing Adam and Erica, especially Erica, at this point, is a very, very hard sell. Erica is not Alice Horton or Lila Quartermaine or Marlena Evans; Erica is the show, the brand, the everything. And Frons wants to see less of her. It doesn't make sense but that's Frons for you. He's doing a very good job tanking the move.

Also, I don't know much but what I have heard, from the start, is that Alicia Minshew has no intention of coming back, at least not for anything but a few appearances.

• Members

I don't know much about Max Santos, but Rylee is sooo over played and boring. I can't see VI relocating his family to LA for this hot mess of show that probably will only be around for another 2 years. I see VI continuing to commute with a lighter schedule at some point. Susan Lucci will not do this commute forever and I can see her retiring right along with DC.

• Members

I am a huge Adam/Brooke fan but I have mixed feelings about them leaving together because now there is no chance JB's stint may be extended. The most we'll ever see of Brooke again is if she comes back with Adam on his brief visits (if he even does come back at all to visit. I don't necessarily believe the "you'll see Adam again" bit).

This also means that JB's return is going to be much closer to 2 months than 3.

• Members

I would be happy with that, and maybe she could make brief appearances with him every now and then :wub: since DC says it's not the last we'll see of him.

I hope he leaves with Brooke!

Yeah, I was hoping her stay would be extended to, but if he leaves with her, it can't be..

Maybe he isn't leaving with her, and it's another one of his ex-wives :unsure:

Archived