February 1-5, 2010

Toups

• Members

I used to think that Guza's sweeps stunts were running out of steam, but the old dog still has some life in him yet.

Exactly. The advertisers will be squealing at those demos.

Agreed. Guza pushed the Jason/Franco and Lucky/Liz/Nik stories hard and got no return. If the Sonny/Dante story can keep GH above 1.4 in the 18 to 49 women demo for the rest of February sweeps, then it is an unqualified success.

Edited to change November to February.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still try and figure out why people say OLT is the best show people aren't watching! Watch the sweeps and you will understand! I'm so ready for this Rex/Gigi/Stacy/Sky crap to be over with! One of the worst ever! They made Charlie shot Jess! Sorry hard to watch!

• Members

Didn't ABC soaps get pre-empted in the DC area because of storms and aired in overnight hours? I wonder why GH had such a huge increase but didn't seem to help pull AMC/OL with it at all. Was GH pre-empted less, and therefore had it's regular viewership in place?

Yes, I am an OL fan and therefore probably biased, but i truly thought OL was good enough to increase over the week before.

• Members

I think OLTL deserves a ratings increase, and I hope it's not too late for one. I think that the main way they might get one is if they make it clear to viewers that some of their current "stars" will be receiving less airtime, or leaving altogether. I'm sure someone at ABC may think, "Hey, Dorian in a major story brings the ratings down, get the axe," but I think that less focus on the Rex/Gigi stuff would help, or at least more focus on a new storyline. As it is I think some of the current stories and the general mood of the show might alienate people.

• Members

Thanks Angela now I get it.... :wacko:

I agree about Elizabeth triangle I haven't been able to watch them throw my girl under the bus

back up and re-run over her. Its horrible.

I still can't get why Guza's masterpiece Franco flopped; I really thought it would have been better received. For me I thought it would be more of him being romantic lead instead of a wacko Psycho path obsessing over Jason Morgan, that part was a huge turn off. I only saw him in one romantic tryst with Gillean (his agent) and she played minimal to non existent in the storyline...just wall paper, I was very disappointed. They could have done more with her after Franco left to extend the storyline.

When Franco blew up that was it..end of story

2212542760101759456S500x500Q85.jpg

Archived