GH: FINALLY getting a new opening

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting. I wonder if they will go the P&G route and just have a title card.... it certainly would cut costs.

And since ABC loves branding their entire daytime line up as one in the same, probably AMC and then OLTL will get new ones as well.

• Members

My guess is that they'll take out the male cast pic and the shots of cast members no longer on the show and extend the shots of Maurice Bernard and Laura Wright longer. Nothing captures the true essence of General Hospital more than the shot of an actor looking back at you off your television screens trying to look all tough and dangerous.

• Members

I definetly hope the other soaps arent too far behind. GH needed one though. I just started watching the show again recently and was shocked that they have not added anyone since I dropped almost 2 years ago. However they still have dead characters in there which never made any sense

• Members

Okay so all of the cast will be featured and it's a new design? I just hope it doesn't stray too much from the rest of the ABC soaps' formats because while OLTL is in dire need of change, AMC's opening is gorgeous and we all know Frons likes uniformity.

• Members

It'll be a remake of the 70s-90s opening. Except for this one, instead of the ambulance speeding into the hospital parking lot, it'll speed right on pass the hospital without even slowing down, on its way to the docks, where Sonny and Jason get out, Trojan horse-style, and shoot all past GH characters dead.

Archived