GH: FINALLY getting a new opening

• Members

Why don't they just have a silent opening with Sonny fidgeting, Spinelli looking scared, Lucky dabbing at his eyes, Jason staring into space, and the various female characters looking on adoringly.

I would take that over the godawful saxophone murder mess they have now, with Luke stepping over twenty corpses to smug out of frame.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The last time GH updated the opening with new people was in 2007. They have taken people out like Megan Ward, etc. which is why there is the random extended shot of the hospital before Nancy Lee Grahn.

The following actors are not in the opening:

Sonya Eddy - 2006-present (contract since 2007)

Brandon Barash - 2007-present

Jason Cook - 2008-present

Nathan Parsons - 2009-present

Drew Garrett - 2009-present

Dominic Zamprogna - 2009-present

Lexi Ainsworth - 2009-present

Lisa LoCicero - 2008-present (contract since 2009)

Jonathan Jackson - returned 2009-present

Brianna Brown - 2010-present

AMC and OLTL have at least kept their's decently updated by removing and adding people in a much better manner than GH. I don't see them getting a full fledge new opening for awhile.

I hope this one is less seizure inducing.

• Members

Huh?

Look at the last shot of the titles with all the men sitting around. TG, MB, SB, TC...and is there anyone else still on the show?

I imagine the new titles will be worse than the present one. The titles get worse with every generation, becoming more and more generic. Anyway, some memorable music is always the key; I watch GH almost every day and am not sure I could even hum the tune.

• Members

I wasn't clear. I meant the newer younger characters. More of the men have survived compared to women e.g. NP is still there, while NL is gone. There is a gender imbalance with only two younger actresses to five or six younger males.

What is the point of keeping Jason Cook on contract? So he doesn't go back to Days? I'm sure Days would take him back in a hot second.

Archived