OLTL: Discussion for the week February 1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, so my first post here adn it's going to be complaing about OLTL. LOL I've been watching OLTL consistently since about this time last year. I have been really enjoying OLTL overall until about late last week. I was enjoying the Mitch story quite a bit and gave the show a lot of leeway, but now, I'm ready for it to end. It's too cartoony and ploty, people that should be heavily involved, missing or hardly on. This stuff with Jess is just too much. Give the girl a break. Why did John need to be broken out of Jail to save the day? Why is Viki at home propping Todd instead of out there trying to get Mitch and save her daughter? This doesn't ring true to me. Where are Clint and Bo in this mess? Ron should of had one of VIki and Jess's crazy alter's come out and try to bring down Mitch together. That'd be much more entertaining than this.

Why can no one bring down this crazy nurse? She's just a nurse for crying out loud. Even with a gun, Stacy, Dorian and Charlie should have overpowered her. It's lame.

Then this Stacy/Baby/Kish story. I'm enjoying the Stacy/Baby story more than I have been, but it's pretty badly written. Is Rex really that dumb, after everything that happened and learning Stacy wasn't really in labor after her water broke, that it's not his kid? He should have figured it out by now. Sky, glad he didn't go through in delivering the drugs and planned to tell Gigi, but it's a little late. He's already way less enjoyable than he used to be. Then Fish, he had those conversation with Kyle where they talked about how he slept with Stacy and could be the father and then confronted Kim & Stacy, so why is he now acting so brainless and spineless and not owning up to that it could kid and just assuming without a doubt it's Sky's? The reasons for him not spilling to Rex are weak. He's a cop and should the baby life first above all. He knew the baby was in danger and telling the truth, could have avoided this mess. He should have told Rex last week at the loft, he should have told Rex at the hospital when he learned Stacy was kidnapped. I'm disappointed that he's owning up to the situation. Then we have Kyle, about the only one who's really cared for the child's safety since he discovered the truth. Why does his lack of airtime and real involvement in this story, reek of needing to keep off-screen to keep this lame story going for a few more weeks? It's lame. I'm glad he told Roxy. He's about the only one since learning of truth who really cared for the baby's safety and wanted the truth out. He needs to knock some since to his boyfriend, cause you know if Kyle was on yesterday he would have said, enough with this crap, I'm telling Rex the truth. And Kim, granted I like her and love her with Clint, but the crying and stuff today...am I supposed to feel sorry for her? Give me a break. A lot of this is your fault too. Stacy wanted to tell the truth months ago, but your big mouth wanted to keep this going.

• Members

Hasn't Mitch tried "raping" Jessica before, he kidnapped her and took her to Lionsheart. Mitch wanted to be Victor and Jessica to be Viki, to me that is what he's always wanted. He wants Viki and to get to Viki he gets to her daughter. But that is just my take on the stuff years ago.

Wow! They finally put Viki in this storyline, to me it was so missing and I still want her to be the one that goes ape [!@#$%^&*] on Mitch. And I am going to be livid if Charlie pays for all of this and Dorian once AGAIN gets off scott free.

Gosh I really, really like Clint and Kim. :D

• Members

Bo no longer cares about anyone in his family but Matthew, and even that was tested last year.

You make a lot of good points. I think they tried to avoid any of these questions which seem to make sense, about why didn't people do this or do that, because they thought the payoff would be worth it. I would say the problem is when you can see the strings, you aren't as invested in the finale, especially when the finale often has a "get this over with" feel to it.

• Members

I thought today was pretty good with Nigel and Clint comforting Kim and AS showing another great side to the character. Those Todd and Viki scenes were overdue, but hollow given what he's done; it could've worked for a Todd who had not re-raped Marty and tried to take Hope. I also thought they pulled off a great bit today with the strobing light fixtures 'signaling' to Mitch 'God's will.' That was right out of an old gothic movie, or one of those sixties or seventies 'true crime' films about psychos.

I think Bo cares a lot about Clint, or so he said over and over in the last couple months. But Clint's angry at him right now for stealing his wife, so what is he to do but stay away and in this case, look after the kids? An obvious plot point to get those two vets offscreen for most of sweeps, but there we are and that's ABC.

Archived