OLTL: Discussion for the week February 1

• Members

The rapemance, Tess and Nash, Jess and Brody, now Jess and this Strangers With Candy crap she's about to embark on... I can't tell if it's feminist or masochist that these women only find love when [!@#$%^&*] in the brain. :blink: It gets tiring being a spectator all the time, knowing what the mind altered character doesn't know. It would be nice to actually invest, but how can you invest in all this stuff built on delusion and lies when you know the alarm clock moment is mere months away and we'll be ♫Back to Life, Back to Reality...♫

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was mixed on yesterday's episode. I thought the Jessica scenes were a bit over-the-top and she overacted with her eyes badly!

I was finally glad to see this whole Stacy pregnancy move forward because I am so sick of hearing her go on and on about this little bastard baby. I can't wait 'til it ends.

I can easily see why Charlie would get involved with Dorian's plot because he does feel like he has nothing left, and hence, he has nothing to lose by teaming up with Dorian. Plus, if it keeps Charlie Kerwin and Robin Strasser both on the screen more...I'll watch any storyline.

I did find the whole Brody/John thing to be more funny than exciting and I doubt that was the intention. :mad:

Now, I am all for campy/wacky stories. Hell, Melrose Place (the original) is my fave soap of all time, but there's campy and there is just plain ridiculous. OLTL should stick to great drama and not go for the camp.

• Members

Stacy needs to die as soon as possible. She ruins Kim who becomes an annoying pest in her orbit. Rex is too dumb for words but nothing cracked me up more than watching him snivel after Gigi today. I wish I still liked Gigi and Schuyler but they've ruined that. I realize that my affinity towards Schuyler has more to do with Scott Clifton because there is very little to this character.

Mitch's story is going nowhere fast and I'm not sure who directed the amplification of the OTT factor but RB is swimming in the shallow end of camp gone wrong.

And once again, Jessica is a victim. She's become one of those 1930's silent movie icons where they strap the starlet onto the railroad tracks awaiting the speeding locomotive.

What was the purpose of Starr and Danyella today? Do we really need to know that Danyella finds Llanview a great place? I cringed at that dialogue.

Finally, TSJ continues his mission to cure daytime insomnia.

• Members

It was hard for me to keep interested in the show today.

I really like Kim but NOT when she is mixed up in this baby stuff. It was good to see Sky finally say no, but I'm so over Gigi/Skylar, but yet I can't stand Rex either, so I would like for them all to just go away. Is that possible?

• Members

Rauch would serve no purpose at OLTL right now.

That said, God today was even worse than yesterday. It was like they thought us viewers would be riveted by all the action, when it oddly felt like NOTHING happened IMHO. The car stuff with Natalie being an awesome getaway driver, John shouting out driving instructions while facing backwards and shooting people, etc, was just more inane. I dunno, RC and FV seem to really suck lately at doing any of these action stunts--the Russian drug mob people silliness in the Summer looks like Gold next to both last month's awful (even if SOD picked it as scene of the week) Ross abduction stuff and this is even more significantly worse. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. And to think just last week I was thinking how much, despite some crap stories, I qwas enjoying the show.

• Members

I do find this whole 'action' drive instead of story drive a bit annoying. What happened to good ol' fashioned drama? Drama between families and lovers with a third person thrown in? Action doesn't mean much just for the sake of action and 'shocking' plot twists. Just look at GH.

I no longer care about the Rex/Gigi/Sky fiasco anymore either. Way overplayed. Kim needs to go back to stirring things up with Clint and ticking off Nygel.

I am anxious to see what happens with the car accident and maybe they will pull some real drama out of that.

I've always enjoyed Ron's stories that bring the whole cast together, so i hope this doesn't let me down.

• Members

Wonder if that means that the other opening (which will air tomorrow), will have new faces?

I know that apparently, David A. Gregory (Ford) said he hadn't filmed a shot for the opening, but there is still Kim, Danielle, and maybe Mitch. Or I wonder if they'll just wait until there are a couple of other cast changes in coming weeks....

Archived