Y&R: Episode discussion, week of January 18, 2010

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And it kept EATING characters.

Victoria, Giggly Heffa, Paul, Nick, JT, Gloria, Heather, Katherine, Murphy, Eden, Lauren, Michael, Ryder, Jana, Kevin, Daisy, Noah, Abby, Eden, Sharon, Adam, Ashley.

Even characters FROM OTHER SHOWS

Amber, Tawny, Deacon.

Ugh.

• Members

It really is amazing, when you lay it out this way. Just a massive trainwreck of a story that won't end.

I'd go so far to say as this story has transformed it to where I (and probably others) just want that Jason Mraz wannabe off our screens.

• Administrator

I thought the past two episodes have been pretty good, mainly because of the characters involved - it showcased Y&R's vets. I liked seeing everyone gathering at the C-Mansion trying to find a way to help her. But looks like tomorrow some of the B/C storylines are back. Damn.

• Members

You knows some vets are also involved in these B/C storylines and maybe the writers are not investing much in it, but I still enjoy watching Michael and Lauren. I need a break from all things Chancellor, Newman and Abbott and its not like these storylines dominate. So much of it is the writing. Actors Like CLB and TEB can deliver just like the other vets but MAB doesn't care for them so they continually get the short shift and leftovers. Fans of these other characters deserve to see them and it's not like this story is on five days a week. Try two days a week and dragged out.

The storyline stinks, but it is the only way we get to see some of our favorites so we have to settle with what we get thrown at us. It is also pretty obvious that they are putting minimum effort into this story and don't even seem to know how it will play out as it keeps changing and while other stories are absurdly fast tracked, we have spent 5 months not knowing who Ryder's mother is. They are treading water, and I don't care who the characters or actors are, it is hard to do well when the story is this lame and poorly thought out.

• Members

I think the problem with the Ryder/Daisy/ClearlySheila story is that they didn't realize Sheila had two kids on B&B. One that Amber babysat and later competed with for men. And a younger one with Massimo who was completely forgotten during her previous Y&R returns. I imagine now they're probably trying to figure out a way to make sense of it. Ei ther that or Kimberlin Brown hasn't agreed to return for whatever reason. It's also possible they're just dragging it out until the next sweeps period. The probably have another death planned for February that'll be forgotten by March, so Sheila's story can play out over May sweeps.

• Members

I think they're Sugar's kids. Sugar had them before her lesbian crush for Sheila that prompted her to bust Sheila out of the California institution and fly with her to that tropic island to extort Massimo's money by kidnaping Ridge.

Then, of course, we know that later Sheila had Sugar done over to look like Sheila and take her place in the sanitarium.

That's much more likely. But we'd have to find out how Sugar got out of the institution after all her crimes, and after trying to kill Scotty before she was re-incarcerated.

• Members

So Billy diddled Heather. This leaves Victoria, Jana, Ashley, Abby, Eden, Nikki, Katherine, Lauren, Gloria, and Ester as the non-biologically related women he has not slept with so far. He is quickly running through the women of GC. At this rate, he will hit them by December. TPTB have no restraint and lack good sense.

• Members

I have to laugh because they want to use him so much but it's clear they have no specific direction for Billy. This Heather angle is some sort of "forced entry" strategy to develop some sort of story arc and or dynamic for Billy/Adam while I agree that this exploration of these two characters should be an aim of theirs they already started it all wrong. It feels like amateurs are writing this soap; since Billy already slept with Lily, Mac, Chloe, Sharon then Heather while being involved int he story shouldn't have been another knotch on his bedpost and like all their other "romances" the can't sell this as no insta-love either which they might try

Archived