Jackie Babbin interview 1982

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We could probably throw OLTL in there too, hell, all of the soaps. But I know that RS has said that she had a bit of a problem back then too, until she got a fan letter saying, "I don't know what you're doing, but whatever you're doing, stop it. You look dead behind the eyes." And with that, it was a wrap on the Colombian nose candy.

• Members

As in Robin--I've read the same piece. I do think it seemed to be for some reason an even worse prob East Coast--like I mentioned all the Broadway stages were riddled with it even with justifications like "over at Dancin' they do partner work on stage every night and snort FAR more cocaine than we do here at Chorus Line" etc. Wow.

• Members

I can't help thinking that, with AMC at least, it was partly as Angie and Jesse became bigger. I know that Frank and Nancy were used to introduce Jesse, but a part of me suspects that ABC had trouble keeping on just so many Black characters... I agree, they could have remained great tentpole figures.

• Members

Cast pic from 1982, probably taken around the time Babbin took over for Winther. That was some huge cast, but don't forget that a number of those actors were recurring players. I can identify everyone except for the guy in the back row between Julia Barr and Natalie Ross (Enid Nelson). Anyone have a clue as to who he is?

http://pinevalleybulletin.com/Features/Timoney2.jpg

• Members

Who is that young woman standing beside Richard Shoberg/Tom? Richard looks so cute in that photo.

Who is that man standing beside Richard Van Vleet/Chuck? I've seen him somewhere else.

Who is that with Dorothy Loman/Opal?

• Members

With the size and black and white, I had to press my nose to the screen with some of those faces, a couple of, "Oh, DUH!" moments for me, like Cecily. And Lord forgive me but I am still on the fence to whether that's Charlotte or Mrs. Valentine. Langley looks damn near like Paul Newman. And is that Nico, was he even on already? Couldn't be Benny. And that's got to be little annoying Carl right, not Frankie?

Archived