Linda Gottlieb article 1992

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Richard Abbott. He was Victor Lord's nephew (Victor's sister was Gwendolyn). He eventually married Becky Lee, they divorce by 1981. Did he do country singing with her? I can't remember.

I think Tina might have been involved with him at one time, years before they made her a Lord. Or was she not?

• Members

Richard last appeared in 1986 when Tina pined for Cord, but was reluctant to marry him because he didn't have money. She got engaged to Richard. When she found out Cord was Clint's son (before Cord did), she dumped Richard and accepted Cord's proposal.

• Members

It was after she found out she was a Lord that she hooked up with Richard (who was then played by Jeffrey Byron). She thought marrying Richard would give her the social status she lacked. She fell hard for Cord, who she initially had no idea was connected to the Buchanans, while she was engaged to Richard. When she discovered the truth about Cord, she dumped Rich so hard that he instantly bounced over to Pine Valley and renamed himself Jeff Martin.

• Members

Becky Lee was definitely there, for I think not quite a year under Rauch. As a matter of fact, he thought enough of her to give her what I call the "Alexis" spot (final billing) on the original Faces of Llanview opening credits - which of course went to Dorian after Mary Gordon Murray left the show.

I loved Shelley Burch as Delilah. There was just something very special about her.

• Members

Our responses to the question were simultaneous, Carl! ;)

Byron lasted on AMC for about six months, having a flirtation with Brooke. He left, and the role was briefly recast with someone forgettable. Being that Byron spent a year with ABC, I half-suspected this was done to accomodate a year-long contract guarantee; that he was moved over to AMC because he no longer fit into OLTL's longterm scheme. But that's just what I surmise.

Archived