Linda Gottlieb article 1992

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, Larry has recurred on and off for years, so it was nowhere near as abrupt or callous as Brooke. He also played a shockingly substantial role in the Viki heart transplant story of 2004, Malone II's only really good story IMHO. They knew what Larry meant to Viki and her family and played that accordingly. But Larry has never really been honored for being the stalwart original vet, on or off-contract, who's always been there, even if just offscreen. I like to think he's still there giving Bree, Shane, etc. check-ups just the same.

• Members

It was - and thank you, Vee, for pointing out this distinction upthread. As you said, Joe Stuart and Gordon Russell's (and later Sam Hall's) OLTL was different (and better) from the OLTL which came immediately after. Rauch came in, b/c everyone agreed the show needed a shot of adrenalin.

Yes, Hall did come up with some whopper storylines, like Dr. Ivan Kipling's brain chips; however, you have to remember, this was during a time when Luke & Laura and that crazy "Ice Princess" storyline was all the rage on GH. ABC Daytime practically mandated their other soaps to follow suit - which is how come AMC suddenly had Palmer and Erica hunting down Nazis, RYAN'S HOPE had stories about escaped gorillas and lost treasure, and OLTL had Dr. Kipling, who'd been just another one of Karen's johns before, suddenly implanting chips in people's brains.

• Members

Really? I've heard Russell himself came up with the idea after watching "Donahue" do a show about "housewives who hook". Agnes' story about prostitution, on AMC, was about getting the girl (Donna) out of "the life". Russell, therefore, thought it'd be fascinating to see what would lead someone into it.

• Members

This is a Thursday episode, I think on Friday Herb moved out of the duplex (doesn't Dorian's set look like Erica's Linden?). I've seen the scene where Dorian's in that dress crying as Herb with suitcases barges out.

OMG, Benson and Webster promos, I get so nostalgic when I see stuff like this and can picture just who and where I was in life (not a care in the world happy as hell elementary school kid).

• Members

I think Schmering's book said Rauch/Corringtons were responsible for Samantha being taken off the life support, which he called one of the best moments of that season. Then he said the show collapsed in organized crime.

Archived