Jay Leno moving back to the Tonight Show?

JaneAusten

• Administrator

Did anyone see Conan last night? He played an old Rolling Stones song and the music rights costs about 1.5 million, which NBC had to pay for. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtvwIU3YB5Y

Actually, that's pretty hilarious. And that comment about "Joey". LMAO

One this is for sure is that Conan, Letterman, Leno, Kimmell have been pretty funny these past two weeks. The monologues have been top notch and the sketchs were brilliant.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They are, but then, they're millionaires, so what does that say about our entertainment industry...

The only time I've found Leno tolerable in recent years is when he makes guest spots on Ed Begley Jr's TV show, Living With Ed (does anyone watch that?). Kimmel was right to mock the classic cars, but they're definitely a sight to see.

• Members

He's been doing that a lot and so have his guests. When Ricky Gervais was on he started swearing up a blue streak and he kept saying "What are they going to do? Fire you? Take you off the air?!" I have to admit that the whole situation is weird. Usually when a company fires someone, they walk them off the premises. They don't say "Here why don't you stick around and play on the computer for a few weeks?"

• Members

Oprah oy. NBC is in full "rebuild Jay's image mode" now.

Oh and this from Jimmy Kimmel is actually probably the best thing I've seen done on all this Late Night nonsense. I have to hand to to Kimmel. While I'm not a fan, the stuff he has done regarding this tops anything Conan, Letterman, or Leno has done.

• Members

Not surprisingly, the last edition of The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien was a ratings magnet for the ailing NBC. The comedian, who talked about how he “did it my way” and did not “regret a second,” earned a whopping 7.0 rating/16 share in 55 of the country’s metered markets (the most immediate numbers available). Ratings for his fellow latenight hosts didn’t even come close: The Late Show with David Letterman averaged a mere 2.5/5, while Nightline earned a 2.8/6, and Jimmy Kimmel Live, a 1.3/4. Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, however, was able to draft off of O’Brien’s success: his show averaged a respectible 3.3/10, easily beating Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (1.5/4). Final ratings for last night are due Jan. 28.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/01/23/conan-obriens-farewell-attracts-big-ratings/

Archived