Jay Leno moving back to the Tonight Show?

JaneAusten

• Members

If Leno were to see $150M, they would have kept Conan. No question about it.

They likely renegotiated Leno to return to The Tonight Show and told him to forget about that contract he had drafted. He agreed and now he's there to stay until he dies.

They wouldn't have paid him that AND agreed to keep him as host of The Tonight Show.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Conan but I just can't bring myself to care about all these rich, white men complaining about getting richer. The real crime has been against scripted drama.

Wouldn't it be funny if NBC just re-ran DAYS at 10 p.m. while they got their [!@#$%^&*] together?

• Members

Maybe I'll give that a try. But honestly I am ALL about The Wanda Sykes Show. She started off rough but it's really come together recently. If you haven't seen it I recommend checking out Episode 8. That's the one where her discussion panel includes Snoop Dogg, Niecey Nash and Neil Patrick Harris. By the time the show was over there wasn't a single sober person in the place.

• Members

I will never understand why FOX didn't try to do her late-night show five days a week. Maybe they would have taken a risk on her back in the early 90's, when FOX was known to appeal to more urban auds. I've seen bits and pieces of it(along with sketches from The Chris Rock Show that were on Talk Soup back in the day) and I just think her delivery is spot on. Even when the jokes aren't. I also loved Spike Feresten too.

P.S. The Lopez Tonight thing was merely a joke. That's be like me suggesting you torture yourself with reruns of The Magic Hour or The Pat Sajak Show.

Archived