OLTL: Discussion for the week December 28

• Members

Farah Fath is someone who needs damage limitation. Keep her in a supporting role, give her only comedy.

At this point I would either write out both Rex and Gigi or write out Rex, have him decide he can't be a father and runs off. Gigi then goes back to being a single mother and no longer has any major stories. Pair her up with Shaun or somebody.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I said and felt the same when she was Mimi on DAYS. In both circumstances, too, the respective P'sTB misjudged FF's strengths as an actor completely. Some are born to play drama, or tragedy; and some aren't. FF's one of those who wasn't.

• Members

I can live with Rex. John-Paul Lavoisier (sp?) doesn't grate on my nerves as much as others do. I've said before, though, that the best thing to do would be to kill off Gigi (either through an accident, or while she's protecting someone she loves) and allow Rex to raise Shane alone. Then, give him some time off the front-burner and allow him to be more of a supporting player to Jessica, Natalie, etc. Then, when the time is right, gradually introduce a new love interest for him, and allow their stories to be more comedic.

• Members

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with Rex if JPL did not do such a horrible job in all of his scenes, and often add an inappropriate tone to the scene, especially drama. Wacky faces and drama don't mix.

I just don't understand why he's considered a leading man.

What else do they exist for? Todd, Tea, and the overaged miracle child are the ideal.

• Members

OLTL isn't exactly bursting with great leading men these days. The more bored you are, the more airtime you seem to get. I guess I can see why they might have started using him, but when he's done the damage to the show he's done this year, I hope they will ease up, or dump him entirely. I think characters like this also make it less likely Kevin or Joey will ever return.

• Members

I usually don't like OLTL, but I enjoyed the scenes of Kim, Clint, and Dorian scheming against Bo and Nora at the party. It was hilarious. Bo and Nora deserved it too for their deception. Kim, Clint, and Dorian work well together which likely means that after this story is over, RC will never use them again.

Archived