Suds Report Tweets about "Bad News"

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Silly question . . . is breaking news (like a soap is getting canceled) ever announced in the soap media on the weekend? If Nelson has information that one of the soaps is getting canceled, wouldn't he (or anyone else with that information) break it immediately? And no other soap source is hinting at bad news being announced tomorrow. This just seems weird to me.

• Members

If there is the rumor that OLTL is getting rid of Stacy, wouldn't it make sense there may be a writer's change coming? Maybe Ron C. is out and one of the first moves of the new writer is to get rid of the much hated character of Stacy? Do you think that the show being quite 'gay-centric' lately with Kish, Dorian getting married, the rights issue for the election, and now the hate crime is getting complaints from advertisers? I am a gay man myself and i think that the show has focused too much on the issue. Ron C. has been writing for a while and the ratings haven't been spectacular lately, though i think it is very underrated. As others have said, Branco loves him some Ron C., so .... we'll see I guess. I hope it is NOT a cancelation of any show. That would sadden me and i don't even watch ATWT but i respect the medium too much to want to see another's plug pulled.

• Members

I think NB wrote that quote in response to this tweet from MM ""NOH8" on my face & my mouth taped shut? (It stands for equality in marriage. For those who don't have a voice in the matter) Now ya know."

I don't think the ATWT cancellation would come from NB, but I do think a writer's change or a fan favorite leaving or getting fired is right up his alley.<br>

• Members

Holy [!@#$%^&*], it just occurred to me. What if Pratt is back in at AMC? It seems like he quit/was fired in a huff. What if he and ABC came to terms and granted him whatever creative freedom he wanted, figuring it was better to pay him to work than to pay off the rest of his contract while he sits on his ass and does nothing. It has happened before, with Claire Labine at GL. We know how much Nelson loathes AMC and Pratt, and this would definitely fit his dire, doomsday tweet.

• Members

I don't see a soap cancellation being reported by Nelson of all people. DC would outscoop him, they always do.

Knowing Nelson it's just more overhyped BS. He is a drama queen :rolleyes:

LMAO, most likely.

Seriously, HUGE news to him is something like Eric Braeden returning to Y&R. Sure that's BIG news, but the way Nelson overhyped it? Geez Louise

• Members

I'd be shocked if it's about Pratt. The sudden dismissal of a Frons favorite, a man who helped him get his job and thus, we theorized, would never be out of work - in fact, I suspected then and still do that Pratt at AMC was what made Frons prioritize that show's survival over OLTL's despite the ratings discrepancy at the time - seems to me to have been emergency triage.

They are going all out on AMC's big move to make it look like a celebration and not simply a desperate survival tactic - anniversary shows, big PR blitz, an episode of The View - all this is designed to make AMC look like it's coming back, vital and ready for a new era, designed to get attention on it and off OLTL so as to save AMC instead. But they couldn't do all that while still keeping Pratt at the helm. People would see through it. So I think they made the decision that if they were going to save AMC and justify its survival, possibly over OLTL, they had to get rid of Pratt, even if Frons loves him.

Archived