Y&R: Who is Katherine's daughter?

• Members

God I feel like discussing who really is Katherine's daughter because this story is so predictable. I figured this belonged in the spoiler section since it contains spumors and speculation.

Scenario #1--Gloria is Katherine's daughter. Yes this is the one rumor that is most often talked about and would completely idiotic to do. Gloria as a character is so ruined she is no longer workable. Her only punishment for her indirect involvement in Colleen's death was being sprayed in ink. To tie her permanently is offensive.

Scenario #2--Nikki is Katherine's daughter. How sweet and special and watch Jill get even more enraged with Nikki. Fireworks perhaps?

Scenario #3--Esther in Katherine's daughter. See above, although Esther may resent her mother for letting her work as the maid all these years.

Scenario #4--Sheila is Katherine's daughter. You KNOW they would just go there...

Scenario #5--Jill is Katherine's daughter. Yes, that's right Jill really is Katherine's daughter. Apparently someone tampered with all those tests into tricking Katherine and Jill that they weren't mother and daughter. With this revelation its been speculated that Billy and Mac will break up once again, only to come back together and become the new Jonathan and Tammy.

Chloe: :wacko::wacko::wacko: EEEWWWWWWW BILLY YOU'RE HAVING SEX WITH YOUR SLUTTY COUSIN!!!!!!

Lily: <_< Chloe calm down! All that matters is that Billy and Mac are in love! :wub:

Chloe: Whaaattt?!!? :o:huh::wacko:

Lily: I know love conquers all. I will now pray for the strengthening of the relationship between Billy and Mac. ^_^

Sickening isn't it?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gloria looks too damn old to be playing anyone's daughter (even Katherine's). Maybe Methuselah's.

I want Katherine to say "lol just kidding, i ain't had no kid, i was just teaching jill a lesson!" and then have everyone coddle her when Jill dares to get angry or act hurt.

• Members

Another person that has been considered to be the daughter is Tawny Moore. I can see Maria doing this. It would tie Amber to the canvas just like suddenly being Kate did for Chloe. Didn't Jeanne Cooper express wanting Amber to be Katherine's granddaughter.

Or Katherine's daughter got a sex change.

• Members

The arrogance of all the members of this current writing team at Y&R astounds me. It's like they want us to buy any and everything that comes from them, no matter how stupid, illogical, unnecessary, overdone, boring, and poorly executed it is from the start and in the day to day writing. It's like they blame the fans for them not having the ability to tell a story or come up with one that's decent. I've never felt such contempt for the fans from this show, at least Latham was blissfully oblivious to how much people hated her product, this writing team seems intent on making fans unhappy and forcing some anti-soap agenda at this show. Y&R can't even get basic soap elements like long-term plotting, pacing, and developing relationships right anymore.

It starts at the top with Maria Arena Bell, yes, but it seems to have penetrated that whole writing team, given how consistently bad most of the day to day writing is these days. It seems like the writing team at Y&R created some hype in their minds and they're buying into it.

The current horrible condition of Y&R is not because "daytime is dying." It's because these people don't even know how to plot a frigging story or come up with consistent character writing. Again, this show fails at very basic soap opera elements, and that's not because the genre is "dying." I bet they use the "daytime is dying" excuse to believe the crap they turn out is ingenuous and people who dislike it are clearly wrong, it's never their fault for why the show sucks so bad creatively.

• Members

It can be a contributing factor, but people use it as an excuse to turn in very shoddy work that they know is crap, but use the "daytime is dying" excuse to believe it's good.

If anything because "daytime is dying" it should force these shows to hire better talent and work on perfecting basic soap opera writing skills, which Y&R isn't doing.

Archived