November 9-13, 2009

Toups

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH is the most poorly edited soap. The episodes are choppy and sometimes nonsensical because TPTB are so desperate to give the A list characters more airtime. The A list characters get repetitive inane lengthy scenes, while the B-list characters get 45 scenes stuck in between the the A-listers. The show has absolutely no balance which is why it makes me laugh when people say that the show is better. Yesterday's episode was so poorly edited that it was incoherent.

• Members

Yeah I know Y&R doesn't deserve to be that high.

Atleast I agree with you on how you put B&B, DAYS, and ATWT. I thought you didn't watch ATWT or am I wrong. I think I should change it to what you said, but I don't want any of the soaps to go down, just go up or stay the same.

I put Y&R that high cause they usually rebound after losing alot of viewers same with B&B.

• Members

General Hospital Is the Most Violent Show on Television

And why an A-list star would agree to be on it.

Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 8:00am

By Willa Paskin

There was a comment in the other ratings thread re: Franco not being picked up in main stream media

and here is another one of the many articles that have been released re: his appearance

it also lends to our discussion of how soap operas are viewed by non fans (I guess)

sorry if it doesn't belong here I'll move it to its rightful spot

the joint is so big I get confuwse-ted sometimes.

http://www.doublex.com/section/arts/general-hospital-most-violent-show-television

• Members

I just read that article and anyone who thinks GH is the most violent show on TV doesn't watch a whole lot of primetime. GH has very fake violence and they hardly ever show anything graphic. I've seen much worse on Criminal Minds, never mind cable shows like Dexter.

• Members

I think some of them have big differences. B&B is unique, for better or worse. Aside from the horrible gender roles, OLTL is different from most of the soaps. DAYS is different from most of the soaps.

I think AMC is now more and more of a GH clone. The main difference is AMC has no mob, but then, they don't need an official one thanks to Ryan, Zach, etc. Y&R is also similar to GH these days.

GH wants to be different, but really isn't. All the tough guys are really pouty little boys, never able to do much beyond feel sorry for themselves.

• Members

In production values and casting, I agree. In writing, they're both so bad. Every time I almost think GH might have a leg up, we get absolutely horrible weeks like this one, with Dante/Lulu ("HOW CAN YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF?") and Niz. The way they squander opportunities keeps on surprising me.

The show wants to be much edgier than it actually is. Deep down, it's some parody of a teenage girl and her swooning over the pudgy guy who has a beat up leather jacket and has been held back in high school a few too many years.

Archived