November 9-13, 2009

Toups

• Members

I've had some mixed reactions to the sweeps stories, what I've seen. I don't really care about most of the younger characters, which sucks, because they make up a big portion of the show. I think Brad as a ghost is OK, it's just a little too overplayed, and there's too much LOUD ACTING in the scenes with Brad and Henry.

I like the visits Jack has with old faces, and I think they work. I didn't think the Ben Franklin thing worked, the idea was OK but, not to be cruel, but the guy was very hard to look at and I would fast forward when he had too many closeups. I wish they had gone a different way if they had to do the suicide attempt scenes.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it is practically impossible for ATWT to delivery any emotional performance that viewers will care about if the story-lines are so unrealistic and unbelievable. Let's look back at the last couple weeks - someone saves a Ben Franklin impersonator from committing suicide from a tall building in downtown Philadelphia, wins a nascar race (even though he is not a race car driver), finds an art dealer by randomly showing up at a museum in Pittsburgh and is able to talk the museum into letting him take a look at their 'database'. What a crock!?! Another character shows up with a potion that can promise a fountain of youth. Another character goes blind after a fireworks accident (knowing the show, how long will that last - 3 episodes???) There was a noticeable improvement in their writing about 2 months ago - I assume this was when the new co-writer came on board - but now we are back where we started from - rock bottom.

Archived